• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

concerta

I go"green"

Greenlighter
Today i took 180mgs of concerta progressively through a 12 hour course (first time doing this and normally don't do pills) and it's been 6 hours since i last took some and my body is still really jittery and shaky legs when standing (not horrible but noticable) and for the past 2 hours (when i got home and settled down on the couch) and have had this minor headache in the background and am wondering if it would be safe to go to sleep? 15 year old male 5'11 and 135 pounds

Safe to go to sleep? Yes. Able to go to sleep? Probably not. Ritalin (same chemical) gives me the worst insomnia compared to any other drug I have ever taken. Goodluck.

Safe to go to sleep? Yes. Able to go to sleep? Probably not. Ritalin (same chemical) gives me the worst insomnia compared to any other drug I have ever taken. Goodluck.

Lol, I thought the same thing when I read this post. I've taken Adderall, Vyvanse....hell I've even taken pharmaceutical Meth (Desoxyn) a couple hours before trying to sleep and I had better luck sleeping on those stimulants than I did with any sort of Methylphenidate. Ethylphenidate also give the same effect as M-date. Even with a benzo - I can't sleep on either of those. Somehow I can sleep with a benzo when I've taken Desoxyn - but for some reason - either of those won't allow me to sleep until they're completely out of my system.

I'm assuming this is probably because Methylphenidate blocks the Dopamine and Norepinephrine transporter. Dopamine has a lot to do with REM sleep - and blocking it's passage probably fucks with your sleep patterns like nothing else.