• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants concerta question

mikeorr4444

Greenlighter
I have a handful of 36 mg extended release concerta come by way. I'm on and off recreational, but it's always been opiates. So I'm both intrigued and apprehensive about the opposite end of the spectrum. I popped one this morning and felt some very vague effects. I'm 6'5" and about 245 pounds. Does ones weight have anything to do with dosage with this stuff? I'd love to reap the benefits of the intense feeling of concentration that I've read about with this stuff. Was planning on taking 2 pills tomorrow morning, for a total of 72 mg, extended release. Not being familiar with it, I'm not sure what the danger zone is for someone who hasn't taken it before. Any insight is appreciated. I'm just being cautious because I don't want my heart to explode or anything. lol

72mg is a good starting dose for concertas if you want to feel anything. It seems like only some people get anything out of methylphenidate, and others just become irritable or get a headache. For me, 72-108mg will stimulate me and make me alert, but methylphenidate lacks the euphoria that amphetamine produces.

Concertas supposedly have a complicated time release formula. Each 36mg pill will release 3 separate doses of 12mg, 3 hours apart. I usually feel effects for up to 10-12 hours, so I'd take it in the morning if your planning to sleep at night.

No offense, but I'll never understand why people insist on taking higher doses of medications their bodies have not adjusted to.

Start slow and low. Try one pill per day the 1st few days to see how you feel. THEN decrease or increase your dose.

Taking more of an ER/TR med isn't going to give you a super boost, it's going to plateau, then leave you feeling aggitated, like most amphs do on the come down. Plus, you could have an episode to where during the plateau, all the med hits you at once causing cardiac issues.

Weight dose play a role in dosing an RX. With opiates, I've actually had doctors tell patients to gain weight because low weight can equal OD zone.

Be cautious...if you have any underlying cardiac issues, or stomach issues, amphs can affect you in a different way.

Be careful...

No offense, but I'll never understand why people insist on taking higher doses of medications their bodies have not adjusted to.

Start slow and low. Try one pill per day the 1st few days to see how you feel. THEN decrease or increase your dose.

Taking more of an ER/TR med isn't going to give you a super boost, it's going to plateau, then leave you feeling aggitated, like most amphs do on the come down. Plus, you could have an episode to where during the plateau, all the med hits you at once causing cardiac issues.

Weight dose play a role in dosing an RX. With opiates, I've actually had doctors tell patients to gain weight because low weight can equal OD zone.

Be cautious...if you have any underlying cardiac issues, or stomach issues, amphs can affect you in a different way.

Be careful...
I'm just talking out of my own personal experience, one 36mg concerta does nothing but make me unable to sleep. 72-108mg is a pretty standard recreational dose of concerta.

Be careful...

Yeah don't take huge doses of stimulants, especially when you're new to taking them, and you don't know how you will react to them.

Concerta works well in low prescribed doses if you have ADD or ADHD.

If you do not have ADD or ADHD apparently it's a poor substitute for other stimulants.

Be careful.

Thanks guys for replies. That's the thing, with this I'm not sure what "huge does of stimulants" are. I'm very familiar with opiate doses though! lol. I've read that some people are on 72mg as their regular prescribed does. And I'm trying to be careful, that's why I just took 1 yesterday and didn't really feel all that much. Now I'm even more on the fence. Maybe I'll just chuck the rest of these things in the garbage.

There is something about Concerta that had always made me anxious. I would choose opiates anytime, although I would never advise you to use it.
Stimulants may increase your blood pressure considerable, depending on your age.

Thanks guys for replies. That's the thing, with this I'm not sure what "huge does of stimulants" are. I'm very familiar with opiate doses though! lol. I've read that some people are on 72mg as their regular prescribed does. And I'm trying to be careful, that's why I just took 1 yesterday and didn't really feel all that much. Now I'm even more on the fence. Maybe I'll just chuck the rest of these things in the garbage.
That would be my advice. Concertas have never been worthwhile for me.

most ive taken of concerta was two 54mg pills and I got next to nothing from it. less of a buzz than caffeine. not sure if this is normal, but ive taken concerta about 3 tmes and i wont bother with it again.

most ive taken of concerta was two 54mg pills and I got next to nothing from it. less of a buzz than caffeine. not sure if this is normal, but ive taken concerta about 3 tmes and i wont bother with it again.
This is pretty normal, of all the people I've known trying concerta, I'd say only about half even feel anything. It's pretty much a garbage drug. Even when it does have an effect it's strictly stimulant value and lacks any of the euphoria which amphetamines typically produce.

I just got a few of the 36mg concerta given to me, and after reading forums I found that 22 percent i believe it was of the coating is methylphenidate. Instead of sucking on it or putting it under my tongue I dissolved the coating in water, and snorted it like some people do with suboxone strips. The dripp tasted just like the Mbox Ritalin. I did the coatings from 2 pills..2 seperate dissolves. It left some behind, so I just added more water and did it again. As a bonus the nice rid drip lasted forever. I only did the white coating, not the clear waxy shit. Let me know how u like it.

I'm sure you've probably heard this or not but to get the most out of any stimulant(MDMA,Adderall,Coke) take some tums or take a shot of baking soda( 50/50 water to soda) as it will destroy all the stomach acid in your body, that was my problem I would take 3 20mg Xr ADERALLS and literally feel like I only took 10mg, my diet was terrible very acidic, then I took two tums 2 hours before my dosege, took 40mg adderall Xr, and was tweaking really hard that I had a panic attack cuz almost every single last mg of amohetamine was absorbed into my body, I had to take a 2 mg Xanax to calm tf down, so take a tum or some baking soda 2 hours before and only take one concerta and see how it effects you, cuz you probably don't wanna start tweeting like I did in any public place....

If you've never taken stims before, increase the dose slowly, and make sure you have some benzos or Seroquel on hand to dampen the effects if it becomes necessary (anxiety, panic attacks, and paranoia are all common side-effects of MPH which I've experienced myself).