• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Concerta/ depression/ adhd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mind_Games

Greenlighter
So a few days ago I took a Concerta 36mg er, and ever since then I've been more motivated and focused even after the drug has worn off. I had heard the day after you use it you'd be less focused than usual. I've had a lot of problems with motivation and focus the past year so I was wondering if that means I've been depressed or if I have ADHD or something. Also I had always done really good in school untill 8th grade I started to not do so well, and by 9th grade my gpa was below a 2.0, and I hadn't gotten into drugs or anything like that yet( just some background info) I'm 18 now.

Maybe/maybe not.

I take adderall (similar med) because it helps me feel more focused and motivated. I also feel it helps with my depression.

Do I have adhd? Who knows.

I honestly am not even sure about what is my diagnosis because I hear "Well its complicated dont focus on the diagnosis we just need a label to bill for"

Hey Mind_Games and welcome to Bluelight! I see that you're relatively new, so I really would encourage you to acquaint yourself with some of our forum guidelines. Also, just perusing the forums and researching content that you're curious about will give you a better idea of how to construct an effective thread. One thing to understand, is that we don't close threads for personal reasons. There are guidelines that we use to try to keep the forums as on-track as possible.

The primary issue with your thread is that it is pretty vague and is really not something that anyone can answer with certainty. In fact, there's no way to actually tell that one person definitively has ADHD and another does not. The best anyone can do is guess.

The problem with stimulants though, is that, practically every human being who has ever taken them remarks "Wow, I'm so much more focused; I have ambition; all this material is so interesting!". It's really the characteristic effect of stimulants. They make you feel good and give you motivation in various forms.

You have a few options. You can pursue using stimulants illicitly, as needed whenever you are having trouble focusing on your studies or you can actually consult a psychiatrist about how you feel. I would really recommend the latter. There's no need for you to get into drugs. Stimulants are effective for some folks and not for others. Some get benefit temporarily and some (are rumored to) experience permanent benefit.

If you ever have questions regarding safety we're here for you, but we definitely can't diagnose.

Status
Not open for further replies.