• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Concerta aka ER methylphenidate uses

JamesofMN

Greenlighter
So, I?ve been on methylphenidate in one form or another for the past four years. In that time, Concerta had gotten to the point where it no longer worked at all and my doctor put me on the IR tablets. Now the IR tablets aren?t working very well which forces me to take more and more which subsequently meant I?d run out sooner and sooner. Yesterday, I went in to see the good doctor and instead of heeding my advice and trying a more comprehensive approach by switching to Adderall she put me back on Concerta.
So, my question is, how do I maximize the Concertas effectiveness? Are there other methods of administration that will work better? I?ve tried cutting them in half but that doesn?t do any good. Any help is appreciated!!!

James

Last edited:
Yes, try taking days off (eg the weekends or entire holidays) when you don't need as much help from the meds. You need to lower your tolerance and that's the only way it's going to happen.

20mg three times daily for immediate release and 36mg twice daily for long acting. I?ve gotten to the point where I?m taking much more than that however.