• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Concerning side effects from IV Meth

Lizabeth

Bluelighter
I relapsed 4 months ago after years clean. Using intravenously every day. I’m typically a very healthy person. I recently was forced to quit (thank God) because some very strange things were happening to me whenever I would use out of nowhere suddenly. Initially what had happened, I think I got ahold of some bad stuff? Either too strong or just not good. That’s when everything started. I either had a bit of an overdose just not realizing how incredibly strong the stuff was, or it was just not good. I’m not sure. But after my first episode with that batch this is what started happening to me. or something just went horribly wrong with my body‘s response to it.

My heart will start to go haywire to dangerous levels. My neck would clinch up really tight immediately in the front beyond my control, and my BPM would go from a normal resting 80 when I was relaxed to about 160 within 30 seconds. The opposite affect of how it usually feels. Normally it relaxes me and feels really good. I just have to lay there and concentrate on breathing slow for a good 35 minutes until it would slow down, I wouldn’t even feel high just exhausted. Never should that have happened like that. I would barely even use that much (like 5 cents) and that would happen. Went to the ER, all test results came back normal and they couldn’t find anything wrong. I did two EKGs, a chest x-ray, and checked bloodwork. Only thing they could find was my heart rate is faster than considered normal.

But every time I would use strange stuff would keep happening. I kept trying different stuff thinking that was it. The very first thing that I would notice that would happen every single time would be an instant overwhelming abnormal dizziness in my head, it was scary and very odd. I wouldn’t even feel or taste the effect of the drug whatsoever! Then my heart would go crazy, and I would sweat heavily from my armpits which never happens. I felt slightly numb on my head maybe from anxiety? Sometimes I would feel slightly numb all over. I gave it a break for a couple of weeks Thinking I just needed to eat and sleep, then tried again. My heart stopped freaking out, but I would still get very dizzy and have this sensation of very slight numbness throughout my body. Maybe this is just in my head, but every time at the end my saliva would get extremely bubbly and foamy too? It was weird. I would seriously barely do enough to even affect me and this stuff would happen. After years of using nothing like this has ever happened to me before.

I quit 2 weeks ago and feel fine when I’m clean. I’m just scared that I did damage that the doctors aren’t finding. What the heck was going on? What was happening to me?

You have heart problems. Methamphetamine is extremely hard on the heart and other organs. It raises your body temperature, heart rate, blood pressure just to name a few things. Just because tests came back negative doesn't mean there isn't an issue. Have they tested you while you're high as balls? Even if your heart is healthy during everyday life does not mean that it is healthy or functioning well during use, or able to handle the abuse.

A friend of mine had all the tests possible, including a cath. A year later he had a major heart attack. There are limits to science and medicine.

You're either getting bad drugs, or you're in bad shape.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t even feel high just exhausted. Never should that have happened like that. I would barely even use that much (like 5 cents) and that would happen.
Didn't find any fent in the blood by chance?