• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Concerned about possiblity of serotonin syndrome due to MDMA/a supplement/other drugs

washingtonbound

Bluelighter
Hi all, this may be a bit of a long post so please bear with me.
Recently I moved out to the United Kingdom to attend school and it's no secret that there's no shortage of MDMA over here. Ususally I'm not a big roller but I ended up picking up about a half gram bag from a dealer along with what was sold to me as valium and speed. There are a couple issues at play here. First of all I went on a valium bender a couple nights before and ended up sleeping for about 36 hours. Similar things like this have happened to me before so I brushed it off as sunday night came around and I felt like digging into the bag of MD and the speed out of sheer boredom primarily. The speed pills appeared to be entirely useless so I broke into the MD pretty quick. But here's the kicker: I believe I ingested SAM-E, which was prescribed to me as a supplement which I understand can effect serotonin. Long story short, I end up banging around 400mg of the MD that night (saving some for my friend), and the next day I really felt strange. But against my judgement once again I ingested 2 grams of ketamine (NOTE: this was DEFINITELY not pure ketamine. I barely felt any effects from it whatsoever which is why I banged out the whole bag. It was either highly cut, a research chem, or something else under the sun. But again, very bad idea. Fast forward to the next day and I feel pretty fuckin awful. As mentioned I just moved out to the UK for school and the only thoughts I've been having are how shitty it is and how badly I want to drop out and go to trade school in the states. Bear in mind it was my dream to go to the UK for a solid two years before this and it's unusual for me to be this flighty. So over the course of the past two days I have been self sabotaging myself in various ways. I announced on all my social media platforms that I would be quitting music production (something that I have been passionate about for two years), wrote my one good friend I made here off, and told my parents that trade school was the option for me. I have even gone as far in my low moments to hit and cut myself. I feel very disgusting in my own skin and life is just not my cup of tea right now. I even went as far as looking on the deep web for phenobarbital.. point is people I'm pretty fucked up right now and could use some help and support. Please let me know if you have had similar experiences and what you have done to rectify them.
Thanks,
Reed

Hi there, I wouldn't worry about the SAMe (though I would recommend staying away from it, people have bad reactions!) or serotonin syndrome at all but you've probably ingested some strange shit lately and it'll take a while for it to blow over, I think getting some exercise, especially going for a jog, will get the juices flowing nicely if this is an option. Cardio is very beneficial beyond words for the brain, many studies have concluded.

The other thing I really recommend is mindfulness meditation, especially meditating on the breath. This will help you not only relax but stay focused, keep your eyes on the prize. Stay away from drugs for a little while and do some cardio and meditation, you'll be getting back to normal soon enough. Don't burn too many bridges! Goodluck. Any questions are welcome.

(NOTE: this was DEFINITELY not pure ketamine. I barely felt any effects from it whatsoever which is why I banged out the whole bag. It was either highly cut, a research chem, or something else under the sun.
I don't want to be that guy but this is a HR site. What kind of logical thought goes into a decision like that?? I recommend buying a test kit as ingest random substances is a good way to actually get SS.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys, I would say what ever the substance was that was sold to me as ketamine played a roll in the issue. Not getting what you expect with drugs definitely goes with the territory. It really is my fault for not testing the substance but at least I have learned my lesson now.

I am guilty of not testing but after having a first sample of something and it isn't what you expect it's definitely the best option to just discard what you have. I have had some horrible nights by just carrying on with the stuff that clearly didn't work.