• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Concerned about a possible missed shot- needing advice (Meth)

nrb7495

Greenlighter
I have looked up all the forums on missed shots, and meth, etc. But nothing exactly matches my problem I guess. However, it seems that things effect me more so then others. This is my first post, so if I don't do something right please let me know.
Anyways, not to long ago I decided to stop using the only vein that I would use because it has been put through it and had been missed on the last time leaving me in a frantic thinking I was going to get an absess.
This time, I used a new vein because I had to find somewhere different because I've only ever used that one vein. That being said, I tried for the vein dead center of the crook of my arm, it kinda V's out at the top and seems to be small. It was the only prevalent one, so I wanted to make it work since my confidence is always low about getting a blood draw. My veins never pop out no matter how tight I tie off, or how hydrated I am. I am a very small girl... I have pretty much felt for my veins. This one shows real dark normally but doesn't feel to springy.

So I inserted the syringe slowly, not getting anything and realizing that even with my small needle I may have gone through the vein, because I felt a weird poke and as I slowly pulled it out of my skin I felt what seemed like it going back in the vein where it tried to draw up blood and made a pop, and bleed when I took it out. I tried again barley inserting it (above the last spot I tried) I got a draw at first that seemed light, then a bit dark but was worried again that I may have moved it or gone through the vein. I made sure I registered again and it was hard to tell with the other blood in the syringe.. I slowly pushed the plunger down it didn't hurt at first but then stung a bit. Not taking the needle all the way out I re-registered again. I felt like I had pulled back way to many times. Now I tried to make sure to loosen the belt around my arm as I was supposed to but it may have been to tight for too long.. As I pushed down the plunger to almost the end it started hurting right at the last bit. Not to to bad actually just a sting... but i could tell something was wrong and as precaution I didn't finish the last little bit. I had more blood coming out of skin then normal, but NOT too much.
I knew something was wrong, but I've only ever missed ONCE before and apparently it was barley anything..
My veins are super hard to hit!
Anyways I immediately went and ran HOT HOT water over it for about 5 min and massaged it. Repeating again. and then hot compress. Its not terrible pain. But it was swollen to the left of the vein and when massaging I could feel a little popping bump underneath. It hurts to the touch... But my hand and forarm were kinda swollen. The hot water helped it spread out, and the more hot water helped it go down on the outside, but about 20 min later I kinda feel some stinging above the crook of my arm (bicep) and my hand felt funny to move it.
It had a bit of a red splotch on top of where I injected. I cleaned it with bactine and used benedryl creme to see if it would relieve some swelling and pain.

I have had my arm above my head multiple times throughout all of this, and every time could feel more and more high. With the hot water and it going down I would get a head rush. But even 3 hours later started coughing like I had just hit the vein. This happened a couple of times rushing to my head making me way more high.. I know when you miss sometimes it can take time but can it take this long??

THIS WAS A NEW NEEDLE
I HAD CLEANED THE AREA.

I'm just worried that if i went through the vein I could have hit an artery. because i keep getting little tiny shooting tingles up and down my arm.. but im VERY sensitive.
The vein doesn't look as dark as it normally does untouched at ALL, but that could be because its just swollen and red

If I hit an artery wouldn't it have hurt more?

It stings when I bend my arm

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I did more then normal. but still im just worried sorry for rambling

If i felt it go through the vein a couple of times but kept on trying in the vein above the last spot, and had taken out and re-registed but pulled the plunger back a lot could it have blown, or leaked through to the muscle or an artery? Everything Im reading is really been freaking me out. My friend said he thinks it is just a miss... and to massage it. He has had misses last about 2 weeks until fully healed.

Like I said it went down a lot.. but there is still a lot of pain.

You didn't hit an artery. If you did you would immediately know. You would have bright red blood and it would feel immediately like your arm was on fire as the solution moved up your arm

It sounds like a common miss

Veins that look small but aren't springy are not generally good candidates to use. You want ones you can feel (as you mentioned). I understand, I never ever had good veins and an IV dope and cocaine habit back when you couldn't walk into a pharmacy and legally buy syringes killed a lot of my usable veins. But still--you have many more than you think.

The only thing I would be concerned about is if the area stays red after a day, gets bigger, is hot to the touch, or very painful as these are signs of an abscess. If these happen go to an ER or urgent care so it can be properly drained/dressed and given antibiotics if needed. But from your description it sounds like a miss. It's going to be sore, you were in and out and poking around.

Don't push the plunger unless you are 100% sure you're in. Steady blood register not flashes. If you draw back on the syringe slightly after you puncture the skin then you create a vacuum and you'll see the blood plume. It goes in without drawing back this way. Then slowly check and if it flows steadily go for it. Don't check s bunch of times either, it increases the chance of pulling out of vein or pushing through vein.