• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Compulsions or seizure like episodes on shrooms?

ThisIsAnAccount

Greenlighter
Does anyone else experience compulsions in their head while on shrooms? For me they got so intense that I could feel my hands and body tense up and shake. It didn’t hurt or anything. I just didn’t know what was really going on. My mind was too out of it to try to comprehend. Definitely not my imagination though, as they occurred weather I was thinking about it happening or not. Anybody else with a similar experience? Also if you have gotten compulsions have you tried anything else similar to psilocybin? If so what? I’m curious if 4-HO-MET has given others the same effect.

Some reports I found.

Kumquat_conniption (reddit)
My partner has epilepsy and we've done both 4-ho-met and 4-aco-dmt and neither gave him any seizures. But he didn't do a large amount, stayed with the basic starting dose (25mg of 4-ho-met). But it is always good to have a benzo around in case you feel like you overdo anything. I like benzos in liquid form that I can drop into his mouth during a seizure to make the post seizure period shorter and calmer.

-----

Noah Elwood
I can't take mushrooms without passing out or having a seizure. I'm not diagnosed with epilepsy but I've lost consciousness and had episodes frequently (2-3 times a year) throughout my life. I've thought about contamination of the shrooms causing it but it didn't happen to any of my friends just me. I'd like to do them again but I feel like I can't because of what happened. The rest of the shroom experience was perfectly fine.

---

Nic Smith
I just turned 23 and I have pretty severe debilitating epilepsy with partial and grand mal seizures. The grand mal seizures stopped recently after a mushroom experience.... as they did last year.... I'd also like to bring up the fact that there is research relating to mushrooms treating cluster headaches and research that relates cluster headaches to epilepsy.... Really it all comes down to personal body chemistry, some peoples brains react to some things differently. I've done a lot of drugs to say this but a lot of what causes seizures comes down to shocking your brain, don't over-do it too much. I go to a festival eat a gram and a half of mushrooms, everyone else double, we have a good time. Same goes for drinking, but I barely drink nowadays. Though, it receded and receded as I aged, as alcohol DOES cause seizures. Basically, the more chemicals, mostly stimulants, caffeine included, in your body, the less control your brain has over itself. This includes Phenylthylamines, such as MDMA, or ecstacy.

---

rainbowsnsunshine
Marijuana sometime's seems to help my seizures by relaxing me but sometimes seems to make them worse by making my body more tired and less able to cope. Once shroom's gave me seizures because I was hallucinating flashing lights and they fall under a digestion cotastrophy (bad for some levels of leaky gut syndrome, curious how tea would go)... I don't know how the results would turn out if I was a test in a control group. However, I too feel like anything is worth a try to get rid of seizures and not being stuck on those nasty conventional seizure medications. Although I'm a slightly different story... I have actually had huge success in treating my epilepsy.

---

AudreyKnows
I had my first grand mal seizure on January 9th of this year. Since then, I have smoked a ridiculous amount of marijuana, and I ate mushrooms a week after the seizure, tripped hard, and experienced no bad side effects. But 3 days ago, I popped 3 pills of ecstasy and I had a seizure the following morning. I'm pretty sure it was the drugs. This whole year I've done ecstasy around ten times. DONT DO ECSTASY. EVER.

---

Kzorro
I've had complex partial seizures since I was 2 and simple partial seizures since 5th grade (at least that's as far back as I can remember having em). I've also used my fair share of mind altering substances, including mushrooms on probably 10 occasions. The simple partial seizures have been uncontrolled since I started having them, and I have them a handful of times a day at minimum and maybe 20 times a day on my worst days. I've never noticed an increase in the amount of seizures I have on days that I've used mushrooms, and I don't recall any time I've every had a seizure whilst tripping.

All posts above except for the first one can be found here:

Also, maybe have a look here:

Last edited:
@mr peabody

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
Never had any before shrooms. Just feels like pulses in my head now. I feel them occasionally to this day, but they’ve become further apart and less intense

@mr peabody

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
Never had any before shrooms. Just feels like pulses in my head now. I feel them occasionally to this day, but they’ve become further apart and less intense
Shrooms can give people brain zaps like mdma abuse. Personally they gave me the worst headaches of my life for a week or two.