L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Complimenting strangers

starting_over

Bluelighter
I was feeling really down and thought about killing myself (Christmas eve), so I went to the liquor store just now to buy some beer to try and get my mind off things.

I kinda sulked up and down the aisles, oblivious to everything. Finally I picked out something and headed to the cash register. The girl working there asked for my ID and as I was paying, said "I like your freckles, they're cute." It hit me by surprise and all I could say was "really? Thanks! I never wore sunscreen when I was younger." Now I wish I would have shown more gratitude or continued the conversation, it really lifted my mood.

Give compliments a try sometime folks, you never know who needs one...

i agree fully with this. my special pleasure is complimenting black girls on having righteous 'fros. sometimes when i compliment women, they take it as a come on, which bugs me.

I agree compliments can really brighten someones day for the better.
Kindness is free.
It names both people feel warm fuzzies all over.

I like to give compliments all the time with a nice smile to go with it.

Ye . It always flatters me. But I'm never quick witted enough to say something back

I feel awkward when someone says something flattering or nice about me like catches me off guard and like mambo says not quick witted to say something back. Agree that acts of kindness are free and go a long way. Though I have low self esteem and suffer from anxiety so I remedy that with certain drug usage to try and be more confident and relaxed but around women useless like cannot flirt with them because I feel like a douche and lame but thats me a being a wally lame ass. Drugs can usually remedy that for a while till realise or this is a bit boring and same old.