Coming Off Espranor (Buprenorphine)

Eastender

Bluelighter
Hi guys, first time post & new to all this. I was just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with coming off espranor so at all? I was smoking 1/2 a gram of heroin a day for about 8 months, I've been stable on espranor for about 5 months & wanna get off asap as I work self employed etc. Also is there any OTC meds that I can take to help with symptoms if needed, I'm in the uk. Thanks

What dose are you currently taking? The longer you're on buprenorphine the harder it is to come off IME.

I read an article somewhere that said it takes about a month to completely come out of your system. I could deal with being ill for a few days but when it goes on for weeks that's a problem,especially the depression. You could be completely different though and find it a lot easier.

I started in 32mg and took seven years to get down to a crumb,probably 0.01mg and then jumped onto kratom which I'm still on. I'm planning on getting off of it soon.

As for OTC meds theres not a lot. Sominex (promethazine) helps a bit. Ibuprofen and warm baths,gentle exercise and fresh air. I wish you the best mate.

What dose are you currently taking? The longer you're on buprenorphine the harder it is to come off IME.

I read an article somewhere that said it takes about a month to completely come out of your system. I could deal with being ill for a few days but when it goes on for weeks that's a problem,especially the depression. You could be completely different though and find it a lot easier.

I started in 32mg and took seven years to get down to a crumb,probably 0.01mg and then jumped onto kratom which I'm still on. I'm planning on getting off of it soon.

As for OTC meds theres not a lot. Sominex (promethazine) helps a bit. Ibuprofen and warm baths,gentle exercise and fresh air. I wish you the best mate.

Hi , thanks for replying, I'm currently on 4mg daily now , down from starting on 8mg, need to be clean from this by july really as a screaming baby will enter the house, so shall I just taper down weekly & take a week off work once I'm off totally free incase we symptoms etc, I'm involved with a drug service but think they are so busy you dont really get much advice etc, thanks for your input on the meds, will look into it