Mental Health Coming off bupropion aka wellbutrin

dipped

Bluelighter
Been on it for years. Not sure it helped in the beginning much. It was used as a replacement for non amphetamine ADD medicine. Maybe supposed to help with my depression too. I was more anxious than depressed I think in hindsight.

But anyway , I’m prescribed d-amp again so I’m not sure I want to keep taking this bupropion stuff. I don’t know much about this drug anyway other than it’s does some norepinephrine and dopamine things. But I’ve read into cathinones recently and those chem proprieties sound like potential bad news.

This post doesn’t have a point yet , so, tldr: please share personal experience with bupropion. In any form of experience. Success. Not success. Success for a while then not success but not not success. Etc etc…

thanks 😊

I'm a non responder to bupropion. I can start it or stop it cold turkey without noticing anything. Maybe it would benefit me If i went past 300mg/day? But i don't want to risk getting seizures so i'm not gonna do it.

I'm a non responder to bupropion. I can start it or stop it cold turkey without noticing anything. Maybe it would benefit me If i went past 300mg/day? But i don't want to risk getting seizures so i'm not gonna do it.
Yeah? Seems like the risk reward is a no brainer if you don’t respond at a 300mg dose.

d-amp is much stronger then wellbutrin and they are cross tolerance, you might not understand this, but you can stop wellbutrin instantly without a taper and you will not get withdrawal symptoms , add to that wellbutrin will not increase the effect of d-amp or help you right now.
Thanks for the reply. So cross tolerance meaning they are hitting similar receptors?

D-amp is much stronger and it’s actually helping me with obsessing over food and other ocd things. I recently switched from Prozac 40mg(on that for 4 years) to Paxil 20mg over a month ago to eventually get off ssri, or at least be on the one with the shortest half life, Paxil.

But going back to the bupropion, I didn’t know about the taper not being needed. I’ve already tapered the past 10 days doing alternate days 300mg and the past few days only doing 150. I’ll just stop altogether now. Especially since my ssri transition to Paxil has been over a month. Didn’t want to do too much change at one time, makes troubleshooting a bit tricky and blind.