Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Comedown - starting to worry!

dt17

Greenlighter
Hi,

New to these forums but I'm looking everywhere for help.

Basically I was in Ibiza from 3-9th September and every night I was taking ecstasy (usually 1-2 pills, sometimes more). I wasn't sleeping that much and wasn't eating anywhere enough food.

Whilst I was on holiday I didn't feel too bad, but when I got home on Wednesday night the comedown/effects kicked in:

I was hallucinating, I thought people were in my room trying to kill me.
Any time I closed my eyes I would get 'brain zaps' that would jolt me up.
I feel dizzy/off balance, almost like vertigo (if anyone has experienced this).

I started taking 5-htp (200mg) and I am no longer hallucinating, however, 5 days on and I still feel quite dizzy/disorientated. On top of that I still feel quite depressed and emotional. I haven't been sleeping much either, plus any time I close my eyes I still feel like a 'wavy' sensation running through my head. I can also feel a tingle in the back of my legs/lower back.

I'm wondering if this is normal and when can I expect to feel 'normal' again? I'm really starting to worry, as is my girlfriend.

Any help would be appreciated.

I know I went waaaay over the top in Ibiza. Lesson learned.

Thanks

Last edited:
What your explaining is pretty common after a heavy session or multiple days using in a row. You can feel down for a week or so but getting out and about, into your normal routine as soon as possible is the best bet.

Eat, sleep, rest, exercise repeat and you should find your feeling a lot better soon. (Hard to put a number on days for when you will be better - really depends if your using anything during your recovery etc).

Most people experience the crash after being in Ibiza !

Good luck

You can never know what to expect after a week-long binge. It is not surprising that you're experiencing a long-term comedown. People who binge have reported feeling the way you describe for days or weeks before returning to normal. The good news is that you can expect to feel better when enough time has passed.

Here are some things that will help:

Healthy diet
Regular exercise
Plentiful sleep
Abstinence from drug use

Just get plenty of fresh food,fruit,vegetables and a multivitamin down you. Sleep might be a bit difficult for the next week so some melatonin wouldn't go a miss. Loads of exercise and also just have a positive mind frame don't think too much about it try put it to the back of your head and tell your self it's all in my head. You'll bee feeling better in no time. This is just my opinion and what's works for me. Good luck and stay safe.

Thanks guys appreciate it.

Normally I don't really touch drugs back home, tends to be the odd occasion (maybe once a year at a big event). The last 4-5 years in Ibiza I had never experienced anything like this, that's why I was so worried.

There's also a lot of changes happening in my personal life as well (relationship issues, moving house, starting a new career) so I guess when you combine all that with a massive comedown it doesn't help!

I wish I could just get rid of this feeling of dizziness/disorientation.

This is what BL is about. Quality advice and listen to the master (and Madame) bear love ? they know the score. Don't beat yourself up. You had a great time and your world perception will have changed. Go with it, relax and focus on the good time you had.

Hi,

New to these forums but I'm looking everywhere for help.

Basically I was in Ibiza from 3-9th September and every night I was taking ecstasy (usually 1-2 pills, sometimes more). I wasn't sleeping that much and wasn't eating anywhere enough food.

Whilst I was on holiday I didn't feel too bad, but when I got home on Wednesday night the comedown/effects kicked in:

I was hallucinating, I thought people were in my room trying to kill me.
Any time I closed my eyes I would get 'brain zaps' that would jolt me up.
I feel dizzy/off balance, almost like vertigo (if anyone has experienced this).

I started taking 5-htp (200mg) and I am no longer hallucinating, however, 5 days on and I still feel quite dizzy/disorientated. On top of that I still feel quite depressed and emotional. I haven't been sleeping much either, plus any time I close my eyes I still feel like a 'wavy' sensation running through my head. I can also feel a tingle in the back of my legs/lower back.

I'm wondering if this is normal and when can I expect to feel 'normal' again? I'm really starting to worry, as is my girlfriend.

Any help would be appreciated.

I know I went waaaay over the top in Ibiza. Lesson learned.

Thanks
Give it a little bit of time, you'll be fine. Out of interest were you drunk on any occasion that you too any of the pills?

I was drinking most of the nights yes, but wasn't drunk (apart from 2 nights). Due to drink prices in Ibiza, as soon as I was in the big clubs I just drank water.

Feeling better again today so it is fading (slowly). Still struggling to sleep though, must've had around 2-3 hours max over the last 2 nights. Seeing my doctor tomorrow to see if there's anything he can do to help.

Definitely learned my lesson though. When the highs aren't as good as the lows then it's not really worth it is it?

^ High has got to be worth the lows, for sure.

I would limit the 5-htp to 1 week though, max. Just get some rest and all that healthy stuff.

Went to my doctor yesterday and he said everything is fine in terms of blood pressure/heart etc. To be fair I wasn't really worried about that it was mainly what was going on in my head.

Thankfully I feel at about 90% again which is good, still not sleeping much though. Stopped taking the 5-htp a couple of days ago now.

The biggest gutter for me is that at the time when I was coming up/high, I enjoyed every minute of the music/nights out...on my last day in Ibiza we had our own boat and managed to get a well known DJ to play at it for us - best day I've ever had on the island. However, when I looked back now I remember certain tunes that were played etc, but I don't 'feel' or remember how good the feeling was at the time. So when all my mates are still going on about how great it was, I feel as though I can't properly relate.

Shame really.