• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Comedown/Health Qts's After 4 Months of Snorting Meth

nuffle

Greenlighter
:p
wELL,
To provide some background on myself, I am a 120ish lb, 5'4 20 year old female that started to snort meth around the end of february. It went from a line a week, and then progressed to taking 1-2 lines max a day. I purchase it on the streets and am very concerned that I'm dabbling with potentially dangerous adulterants/substances that are cut with this drug. I have experienced what a binge is like, such as not sleeping for 5 days for example. I could now sleep while on the drug, already showing an indicator of tolerance build-up.

I am working on quitting. And would love to hear some insight on what my comedown could look like.

Drug Interactions
Along with snorting meth, while on it I also drink questionable amounts of liquor/beer at times and smoke marijuana heavily.
It could be either one, or both if available. I know that this is dangerous for my heart.
I have a strong tolerance to alcohol and weed too. Before using these drugs I was a chronic weed smoker. Still am.8( I am a poly-addict.
When using meth, I try to make an effort to take care of myself by eating and hydrating. Some days I do not do it enough, but also make sure to take vitamins and eat healthy foods. I have lost weight, about 10 pounds.
My reason for using was to improve studying/homework for college. This is just an excuse though.

Current Symptoms

I get a crampy leg at times recently, and another symptom i find strange is the taste of metal that overpowers any food that i eat. It is very unpleasant.
Right now as of today, I snorted about .5, and drank a couple of shots of whiskey.

As for the comedown, what symptoms should I expect? and how long might it last as my dopamine/serotonin/norepinephrine level themselves out? I am ready with the fact that my depression will heighten, as I had already felt this way before using the drug.

I have a bottle of 5-htp in my posession.
Unfortunately I have always suffered from anxiety, and due to personal issues mixed with blatant drug abuse it only makes the worry exponential.
Since I did not know the effects of how just the way one breathes affects anxiety, I found myself with chest pain and short breathing at night when I snorted a rail, and went to the hospital thinking my heart was gonna give out. I told them the truth, so as to give myself the benefit of doubt. But then after a few tests it was ruled to be just anxiety. It was a scary experience though.
I told this to my primary physician and they prescribed me Lexapro. an SSRI. I was supposed to pick up my prescription 4 weeks ago, but have not quit meth.
Please provide me with advice. I need to change. Thank you for your time...

Anyone using meth should always gave a benzo on hand for the come down, preferably Valium......

:p
wELL,
To provide some background on myself, I am a 120ish lb, 5'4 20 year old female that started to snort meth around the end of february. It went from a line a week, and then progressed to taking 1-2 lines max a day. I purchase it on the streets and am very concerned that I'm dabbling with potentially dangerous adulterants/substances that are cut with this drug. I have experienced what a binge is like, such as not sleeping for 5 days for example. I could now sleep while on the drug, already showing an indicator of tolerance build-up.

I am working on quitting. And would love to hear some insight on what my comedown could look like.

Drug Interactions
Along with snorting meth, while on it I also drink questionable amounts of liquor/beer at times and smoke marijuana heavily.
It could be either one, or both if available. I know that this is dangerous for my heart.
I have a strong tolerance to alcohol and weed too. Before using these drugs I was a chronic weed smoker. Still am.8( I am a poly-addict.
When using meth, I try to make an effort to take care of myself by eating and hydrating. Some days I do not do it enough, but also make sure to take vitamins and eat healthy foods. I have lost weight, about 10 pounds.
My reason for using was to improve studying/homework for college. This is just an excuse though.

Current Symptoms

I get a crampy leg at times recently, and another symptom i find strange is the taste of metal that overpowers any food that i eat. It is very unpleasant.
Right now as of today, I snorted about .5, and drank a couple of shots of whiskey.

As for the comedown, what symptoms should I expect? and how long might it last as my dopamine/serotonin/norepinephrine level themselves out? I am ready with the fact that my depression will heighten, as I had already felt this way before using the drug.

I have a bottle of 5-htp in my posession.
Unfortunately I have always suffered from anxiety, and due to personal issues mixed with blatant drug abuse it only makes the worry exponential.
Since I did not know the effects of how just the way one breathes affects anxiety, I found myself with chest pain and short breathing at night when I snorted a rail, and went to the hospital thinking my heart was gonna give out. I told them the truth, so as to give myself the benefit of doubt. But then after a few tests it was ruled to be just anxiety. It was a scary experience though.
I told this to my primary physician and they prescribed me Lexapro. an SSRI. I was supposed to pick up my prescription 4 weeks ago, but have not quit meth.
Please provide me with advice. I need to change. Thank you for your time...
I can't really give any useful input but I will say that lexapro was my miracle drug when I was taking it. I felt like. Normal person, happy and sober.

Anyone using meth should always gave a benzo on hand for the come down, preferably Valium......

Yeah that's a okay attitude for the short term but developing a daily valium/ benzo habit is no laughing matter especially as the OP nuffle has mentioned she drinks more than modest amounts of alcohol when using meth. I would recommend the OP start taking an anti-psychotic medication like seroqual or olanazpine seeing as the OP is a heavy cannabis user and IME the weed/meth combo done overboard can really make a person lose the plot and become psychotic with a drug induced psychosis.

Remember Nuffle there is no real way to safely avoid a come down when smoking meth but anti-psychotic medication will eventually help you fall a sleep. As for what to expect in a come down from meth the only way i can explain it is that every task you have to do when you have come down feels pains painstakingly hard to concentrate on and even lying down can feel tiresome and mentally draining. The way i would explain the feeling after being awake from meth for a long period is you are too awake to sleep but too tired to be awake.

When it comes to using meth the golden rule is less is more and practising self-control in how much Meth you use is the key. When i use meth i only use enough to keep me awake for one night and never re-dose once the intial high wears off. But yeah easier said than done, Meth is one hell of a buzz

Did you experience any side effects from the drug? weight gain? weight loss? I don't care much for loss of libido because i have nobody to "vent" to 8)

The main side effect i experience from using meth is decreased appetite but i don't really lose any weight as i am naturally overweight with a slow metabolism and i am a regular beer drinker and although i don't have many calories coming in when i am high from meth once i've slept the meth off my appetite returns with ad-vengeance.

I've never heard of Meth users tasting metal in their food. I too suffer from anxiety so much so that i prefer not to socialize too much when i am coming down from meth. To be honest when i am intially using meth it actually helps me over come my anxiety and i am quite sociable if i am around the right people. I've got to the point that i know what kind of social situations will cause me anxiety and i mostly manage to avoid them.

I'm familiar with the metallic taste and that everything seems over seasoned too, part of what made it more difficult to eat the rare times I would. I lost a lot of weight on it close to 80 pounds so I was a rail by the time I quit. The comedown was way kinder to me than my other habits. The first couple days was just catching up on sleeping and eating (I was always good about drinking water, carried it every where). The depression and anxiety was really bad but by the end of the second week I had more or less reclaimed my mind. Yes to decreased libido but mood played a factor plus not using which really ramps that up. I wouldn't say it went below baseline from before I picked up the habit so it's no big deal. Rundown yup. Lack of concentration check. The cravings also disappeared within a week or so although from time to time even today I fantasize about using a pipe, even more than using the drug itself. It won't be as bad as you anticipate.

"Rundown yup. Lack of concentration check. The cravings also disappeared within a week or so although from time to time even today I fantasize about using a pipe, even more than using the drug itself. It won't be as bad as you anticipate."

Well said Raysu. I often have 3 or 4 week gaps between using meth and yes the idea of smoking some shard is in the back of my mind it's not a overwhelming craving to use. I have other fun act ivies i can do in life to preoccupy my time and money. It's not a case of nothing else matters but ice. It's all about keeping things in a healthy perspective.