• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Come down from Mdma a month later.

Fisherman1329

Greenlighter
So I've done MDMA 3 times in my life. The first time I did what I think was piped pills. Took two .2g for a total of .4. Then about a week later I did .2. Then 2 and a half weeks later did .2 crystal MDMA at a show. I know I should've space it out more. Last comedown next day was fairly bad. But I smoked some weed. Took a little Xanax ans got through it. Now about a month after I last dosed I have been feeling comedown symptoms for about. A week. Random mood swings. Waves of depression and anxiety hitting me. Can't eat or sleep well either. My doctor prescribed me lexapro today and told me to start off by taking 5mg a day. I told him everything that happened. My question is. Is this due to my MDMA use or just coincidence. It's weird it would suddenly all hit me a month later. It definitely feels like a serotonin imbalance tho. Anyone else have this experience?

If you've experienced these symptoms after it doesn't make sense why you're been put on antidepressants. Surely it would have been better to give it time for your brain chemistry to heal. You could also increase your serotonin levels by eating certain foods and exercise.

Evey

Which foods. Furthermore no I last took it a month ago and have felt perfectly fine for that month. (Other than a day or two after). I was also on generic concerta for a couple weeks. Got off it and now I'm back on metadate that was on for like four years. The only other thing I can think is maybe I smoked laced weed or this just randomly happened. But it definitely feels like drained serotonin. I heard that being on a little ssri can help you. I need to get back to work and on with my life. Hopefully I feel 100% soon. I know I personally will never do MDMA again. That's just my choice. I've gone clean now. No cigs. Alcohol. Or weed. Nothing other than those two presentations. So yeah

Omega-3 fatty acids mackerel, bluefish, wild salmon and tuna

Tryptophan is an amino acid that converts to serotonin so proteins.
foods such as chicken, turkey, salmon, tuna.
also foods like spinach, lentils, bananas, beans, nuts (almonds, )

Drink water,
Consider cutting out caffeine, and sugar

I would wait a few months before trying medication dude...seriously if you want recovery

Glad someone else thinks the same way. I don't know much about MDMA but have studied serotonin as part of Psychology and for creating a Depression Support Thread in EADD. What concerns me is that a doctor has put OP on medication straight away when it may be a case of giving the brain time to repair itself as well as looking at other possible factors that could be affecting this.

Has anything else changed within this time? Have you been worrying about possible affects or has others mentioned them?

SSRIs have their place but can have side affects and be a complete nightmare to get this so you may possibly be delaying the inevitable.

Did the doctor refer you for any therapies such as CBT?

Evey

I'm on a super low dose. And well my meds cut my appetite. And yeah ssri gave me a headache yesterday. I feel much better today. Is that the ssri still in my system (took one yesterday) or should I take it again today?

I guess it's also important to note. My doctor doesn't think it's related to the MDMA use. And I'm just relating the feeling to that. I kind of agree. Cuz like I said I felt fine the weeks following my last roll. So I might just be psyching myself out and this is a coincidendce

I would say, take the meds AND do lots of self care in the form of healthy diet, exercise etc. The anti d's will give some respite from the anxiety/ depression symptoms, and some rest to your over stressed adrenals. YOU can then concentrate on exercising/ eating ealthily etc. Have had a roll that resulted in a delayed comedown myself, also needed to get back on my feet quickly. I understand why people want to go the 'natural route', but really, it can be long and laborious, and it really depends upon whether you have the time and energy/ have the option of not working/ how able you are to tolerate anxiety symptoms, amongst other variables. For me, I couldn't work because of panic attacks, which stopped 48 hours after a really low dose of citalopram. Am in the process of tapering off now.

Based on yalls advice and a friend of mine. I opted to not take the lexapro today. I went to work. I feel I was a bit slower but I ate more food. And my bowels are returning to normal. I just need to get my stress levels down. I think the natural route is better to avoid side effects. Thank you for the support. Even tho I don't y'all it means a lot.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a delayed comedown. Any idea why this happened to us and why mine was so bad and long? Feeling better today and tomorrow should be even better me thinks

Good on ya :) Am glad it's easing up. I don't really know WHY it happens. For me, I'm prone to depression, and so anything that causes a massive 'dump' of serotonin in the brain is probably a reeeeeaaally bad idea. Ho hum. Lesson learned. Also something about upregulation/downregulation of serotonin receptors in the brain and how this rebalances after a drug- mine not so quickly, so it seems. And adrenal stress. It was a long time- about 15 ears- since I had ever taken ecstasy, and I had never experienced a delayed comedown before. I used to feel shitty for a few days after, but nothing as severe as this- it was really bad, huge anxiety and some panic attacks, and then swinging into depression. With very oddly 'normal' bouts in between. So although I don't really know the answer to your question, I'm guessing it's a lot to do with what your body can tolerate at the time. Stay well :)

How long do you think til I fully recover then. So far I'm doing fine skipping the meds. I'm in I guess a normal bout. I sure hope I don't relapse like you. Im just not gonna roll anymore. Cuz I have ADHD and asbergers and with my brain chemistry already off there is no reason for me to do more damage. I believe I'm on a road to good recovery. A lot of it is mental. But what sucks is when the serotonin is messed up its like you are seemingly sad for no reason. At any rate thanks again for the support. I'm looking forward to a cleaner lifestyle.

It takes 4-6 weeks for SSRIs to kick in so if you were only using a few days you'll be fine as far as the SSRIs having any affexts. Try to eat good foods n exercise.

Evey

You sound like you're gonna be fine, you're well on the way. To be honest, I was having a bit of a bout of the 'winter blues' when I rolled, and had a lot of stressful stuff going on, which with hindsight probably made it not the best time to do e. Agree- eat healthily, exercise and maybe some supplements. I'm on the b vits as well as the ssri. Plenty of rest. :)