View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Come Back"

H>He

Bluelighter
Why is it me and everyone i ever tripped with at some point in the trip says .."I hope i come back" or "when i come back"

Probably for the same reason we call it a "trip"... it feels like you go somewhere else, so coming back is the logical way to describe coming down. The term "trip" was coined in the 60s and I think the word alone has shaped some of our other lingo surrounding it and perhaps even our perception of the nature of the experience in the first place.

and I think the word alone has shaped some of our other lingo surrounding it and perhaps even our perception of the nature of the experience in the first place.
I always believed this too, during the very early stages of LSD when it was being tested there were no waves of anxiety and fear some have when first trying/testing the substance.

Sometimes you forget who you are on psychs and I know I get nervous about being able to recover my personality when the trip is over. That's why I say to myself "I hope I come back"

Probably for the same reason we call it a "trip"... it feels like you go somewhere else, so coming back is the logical way to describe coming down. The term "trip" was coined in the 60s and I think the word alone has shaped some of our other lingo surrounding it and perhaps even our perception of the nature of the experience in the first place.

I knew about the term "tripping" being from the 60's, but I wonder where "rolling" came from to describe MDMA... I mean I get how it could feel roll-y, but I could just as easily see it being floating, buzzing, etc.

Also, why do we "trip balls" but "roll tits"? :?8o

I always felt that there is an aspect of coming home
maybe it is the dreamy actuality, the more real than real, really me feeling.
I like to come back to that.

I thought trip related to tripping out, being side tracked in a timeless extension of an idea or feeling or vision that keeps ramifying building on it's complexity or resolving and compounding, and then, popping back to the consensual time line after tripping out, and doing it again and again until the peak is done.

You should listen to the Tool song Rosetta Stoned, the song before it is called Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann). The line "will I ever be coming down?" is what I think of if a trip starts to go bad.

I knew about the term "tripping" being from the 60's, but I wonder where "rolling" came from to describe MDMA... I mean I get how it could feel roll-y, but I could just as easily see it being floating, buzzing, etc.

Also, why do we "trip balls" but "roll tits"? :?8o

I've never heard the term "roll tits"... I've mostly heard "roll balls" (and "trip balls" as well). Also "trip face" or "roll face"