• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] 2C-B & Medications/Supplements/Nootropics

Nope, no issue with it whatsoever. (DPH is commonly combined in therapeutic doses like that with some 2Cs to help with bodyload, not that that's an issue with 2c-b).

I've taken 2c-b twice with Strattera (atomoxetine - norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor), they don't seem to have an interaction.
I would think there would be some interaction, as 2c-b (like most other psychedelic PEAs) is thought to have amphetamine-like monoamine releasing properties. Taking a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor should block the norepinephrine (and to a lesser extent dopamine) releasing properties of 2c-b, and thus dampen its stimulant effects. This doesn't seem to be the case.

If one is paranoid, you could stop taking Strattera 24-48hrs before doing any drug and have most of it be out of your system. Strattera has a short half-life and has generally mild/unnoticeable withdrawal effects.

Disclaimer: I have only taken 2c-b drug-free once before, but I am basing this off my own and my friends' experiences.

Tomorrow I'll take 500mg Piracetam + 23mg 2C-B. Taking the Piracetam maybe 1-2 hours beforehand. Anyone know about how much it will potentiate it?

Edit: It didn't do much. Probably nothing more than placebo, really.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread because I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with Gabapentin & 2c-b.

I think it could reduce the bodyload but would it diminish the experience significantly?

Thanks

Bumping again because I'm about to take some bk 2cb and am afraid to take piracetam. I don't want to start a new thread though because I doubt many have tried. BK 2cb is similiar to 2cb after the rolling mdma like phase passes and it turns into a straight up trip.

Well how much piracetam were you planning to take? Have you been taking a regular piracetam regimen before?

I haven't been able to find much info on the interaction between SSRIs and 2C-B, no trip reports on the combo or anything on erowid. My expectation based on how 2C-B works (insomuch as that is known) is that it will be more like LSD than MDMA in terms of reduced effect from SSRIs, but obviously a first-hand account would be preferable to speculation.

Well first off, 2C-B feels almost nothing like MDMA, even without SSRIs.
So you can expect that the trip will be like most SSRI+Psychedelic combination, such that the effects are greatly reduced. :(

Well first off, 2C-B feels almost nothing like MDMA, even without SSRIs.
So you can expect that the trip will be like most SSRI+Psychedelic combination, such that the effects are greatly reduced. :(

Sure, I wasn't expecting the two to be similar, just using MDMA as an example of an SRA drug that is completely killed by SSRIs.

I've seen a lot of different opinions on how severely SSRIs affect psychedelics, obviously there will be individual variation so I guess the only way will be to find out for myself. Fortunately I'm not currently taking SSRIs, so hopefully whatever reduction I feel will be relatively minor and can be pushed out by taking a bit extra.