• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Combining LSD (or MDMA) with mirtazapine....

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Hallucinogens (LSD/Acid, psilocybin/Shrooms, Tryptamines – 2-ct-2,DPT, DMT etc, Salvia) Hallucinogens seem to be MUCH stronger in combination with mirtazapine, so please be VERY CAREFUL! A dangerous interaction with shrooms has been observed in one person taking mirtazapine. Please avoid hallucinogens while taking mirtazapine or dose very carefully.

From the sticky thread; is this valid?

I've read widely that mirtazapine kills LSD's effect.

This claims it potentiates it?

Also, MDMA with mirtazapine, that thread claims there's no real interaction and should be similar effect, perhaps slightly dulled.

Anyone attest a subjective experience to that effect?

Mirtazapine antagonizes / blocks Serotonin receptors so don't expect much of an effect from taking MDMA. If LSD effects Serotonin levels as well then don't expect much from that either.

if you take mirtazapine during an lsd trip, the trip will be dulled. but if you take mirtazapine, you can still trip. take your mirtazapine dose once youre done. helps with falling asleep in the comedown.

I have extensive experience with mirtazapine (15+ years). Don't ask how it's possible, but it boosted my mushroom trips. It's not an SSRI, so it doesn't work like SSRI's at all (they do dull the trip). So for me, it potentiated the trips.

But if you don't have any experience or tolerance to mirtazapine, it's heavily sedating. So in that sense it can dull the trip. But if you have tolerance to it, it's a strange one and I honestly can't say how it would affect other people.'t s

Edit: Note that this was my experience with psilocybin, I can't say anything about MDMA and mirtazapine though.

Last edited:
Tried 25 ug LSD whilst taking 2 mg mirtazapine at night.

Very unpleasant, for me personally.

Not a desired feeling.

I dosed 25 ug at 9 am.

For some reason, I then thought it would be a good idea to call my health insurance broker to negotiate the price and terms of my policy.

30 seconds into the call I basically had a mild panic attack, hung up the phone, drew the blinds and have been taking deep breaths since then to regain composure.

I can't say if this is attributable to LSD, or LSD mixed with mirtazapine - but thankfully I started low so its effects were not completely overwhelming.

Kind of getting mild thought/brain loop (happened before when I accidentally ate about a half gram of hashish).

It's funny cause my response to ketamine was so positive (albeit not hallucinogenic), but the horrible serotonergic feeling with LSD, yeah - it sucks.....

LSD and ketamine are wildly different drugs, it’s very normal to feel uncomfortable on the come up. :)

I have noticed on this site investigation into cognitive enhancement via microdosing LSD.

At this point given my limited experience, and obviously it affects different people differently given their underlying cognitive state - but in my case whilst it clearly acts as a serotonergic mood enhancer, it DETRACTS from cognitive acuity.

That's my experience.

I also contend that cognition = words, and I am implementing the optimal possible word combination/inner-monologue/self-dialogue thus, in theory I would have an optimally underyling cognitive state;

And LSD impacts that, negatively.

However, subjective responses so, I would contend that those who are perhaps cognitively "boxed in", it may provide additional perspective and could act as a longitudinal "cognitive enhancer" - i.e. given their LSD experience they may have perspective to modify their persistent thought process, see things different, change their long term outlook = cognitive variation.

Could do.

Depending on the person

But it has, in my current (optimized) state at least, no cognitive enhancing properties - quite the opposite.

It's a psychedelic, your IQ isn't going to increase. Also 25ug is way too much for a microdose.
You do what you want, but this intentionally wanting to optimize of ones cognitive state (which is certainly possible through LSD microdosing, you're just looking in the wrong corners) goes entirely against what they're for.