• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Combining different codeine medications

tds-melb

Greenlighter
Yo,

Unsure if this is the right place to post,

Currently been prescribed 500/30mg Paracetamol and Codeine

Just wondering if its all good to take ibuprofen and Codeine 200/12.8mg with the Paracetamol and Codeine at the same time.

I know I should CWE but the paracetamol combined does help a bit more with my back pain.

Just trying to boost the codeine intake!

Any advice appreciated

e.g

3 x 500/30mg Paracetamol and Codeine
1 or 2 x 200/12.8mg Ibuprofen and Codeine

Last time I picked up Panadeine Forte at the pharmacy, my pharmacist told me he takes it with nurofen for headaches and paracetamol is available in combinations with ibuprofen, so they are okay to mix. I wouldn't go over two Panadeine forte at a time though, bit too much paracetamol. Two of each should be fine.

I think the FDA limit for APAP is 3 grams a day. Stay hydrated, buy some N-Acetyl Cysteine, and be careful mixing NSAIDS..They are not liver and kidney friendly..or stomach friendly.

e.g

This probably is fine assuming you have no medical conditions but if you do it a lot or increase the dosages, you are begging for trouble as mentioned.

Yo,

Unsure if this is the right place to post,

Currently been prescribed 500/30mg Paracetamol and Codeine

Just wondering if its all good to take ibuprofen and Codeine 200/12.8mg with the Paracetamol and Codeine at the same time.

I know I should CWE but the paracetamol combined does help a bit more with my back pain.

Just trying to boost the codeine intake!

Any advice appreciated

The only thing you can't mix is aspirin with Tylenol or Ibu because it causes an explosion. Watch out, mixing together aspirin with Tylenol in water will trigger an explosion.

Otherwise, there is limited interaction between ibu and tylenol, almost nothing but there's something there that might increase nausea. Small thing tho.

I dont think aspirin and Tylenol mixed with water explodes. Be a lot of dead Excedrin users.

I dont think aspirin and Tylenol mixed with water explodes. Be a lot of dead Excedrin users.

I was going to say that the reaction is weak-acid with weak-base, is followed by release of gas and so an increase in volume. Doing a CWE in a closed glass bottle with 20 pills of each compound, with the cap on will for sure cause the bottle to blow up.

It happened to me once, I didn't realize I was switching from AC&C to tylenol, and there was some AC&C aspirin left on the bottom of the glass vial that I use to extract codeine. When I added the tylenol+water to that and shook it with the cap on it instantly flew away, it took me a second or two to even realize what happened lol.

e.g

YOu should be alright
1,5 mg of paracetamol is still in the therapeutic range and 200-400mg of ibuprofen isn't that high
Make sure to not drink while taking this combo

I think the FDA limit for APAP is 3 grams a day. Stay hydrated, buy some N-Acetyl Cysteine, and be careful mixing NSAIDS..They are not liver and kidney friendly..or stomach friendly.

In Europe it's 2,5 over the day 1gram max recommended dosage

I have been an on/ off panadeine forte user over the years.. mainly for tooth related issues. Honestly for teeth, it has worked wonders. for everything else it doesn't work. Except for tonight.. after 350ml of whisky n 3 forte I have little pain in relation to recent herniated disc back issue.

I've only ever taken 3 at once, after 2 wisdom teeth out.. n honestly its good for head pains. I'm surprised its worked as codine generally has little effect for me other than with teeth/ gums.

panadeine forte

I'm sorry guys n girls. I need to take my comments back.. no pain for a whole 10 minutes. im devo.. ive had this injury before and Tramadol 100mg is only thing that works. morphine surprisingly does nothing (unless double dose) but Tramadol does. pity its virtually impossible to get in WA

Last edited:
There are pharma drugs on the market that contain both paracetamol and ibuprofen and I have been given both in different pills at the same time while in hospital. The 2 are safe together as paracetamol is harder on the liver and ibuprofen is harder on the kidneys and stomach.