• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Combining benzos with opioid

Artificial Emotion

Bluelighter
I take 24mg methadone along with another synthetic opioid called tapentadol at a dose of 800mg per day as well as 3mg etizolam per day. I've taken a high dose of methadone (120mg) but I'm starting to feel the beginnings of benzo WD since I haven't had my daily dose of etizolam. The problem is I am really worried about combining the benzo with the methadone but I'm going to have to take some sooner or later since I'm feeling awful and am starting to feel panic etc. Can you guys help me to figure out what sort of dose I should take given the fact that I'm dependent and I have to take the drug? Should I take maybe a third of the usual dose? I don't want to OD so any help would be really helpful! Thanks guys.

number one, dont mix xanax with methadone. ever. jus throwin that out there cuz that shit gets deadly real quick. other than that noones gonna tell you what you dont already know, gauge your tolerance, keep doses low or in a range you know you can handle, and dont double up on the benzo doses cuz we all know how sloppy bennies make us when it comes to rational decision making abilities. or remembering what dose we took a few hours ago...ah another couple coudnt hurt, right? thats how you od, being sloppy with your doses and reckless with your dosing. you know your body and tolerance best, you gotta use your best judgement on this one. which, admittedly, can be difficult when benzos are involved, but do your best. good luck

If I were to take the absolute minimum dose required to make me feel normal, so there's no apparent sedative effect, I wonder whether the benzo would still be drastically increasing OD risk. My feel is not, but of course as you say the usual warnings apply since we all know 1+1=4 when combining sedatives is concerned. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!