• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Combination. Lyrica , codeine , tramadol

Drderms

Bluelighter
I have been prescribed codeine lyrica and tramadol .
My question is has anyone taken this combo before , I find that tramadol on its own feels like a stimulant , it has kept me up all night before , cleaning and tidying up the house.
and I have a huge tolerance to codeine I can take 600mg and not nod , just feel relaxed .
i can take 500mg lyrica and feel pretty good , loss of balance , double vision . But the feeling I get off lyrica is heavy sedation and feel so good .
i feel that if I combine 600mg codeine , 200mg tramadol , and 500mg lyrica , i will get a nice high, I weigh 87 kilograms and haven't had any seizures before .
Any advice or people that have had this combination I have searched everywhere on the net. But couldn't find anything .

Why don't you try taking them as prescribed? We are a harm reduction thread. You said you have been prescribed these medications, but you don't list the dosages. Please reply when you can list accurate prescribed doses. I the mean time, look up each medication in your web browsers search engine. There is more than enough information on this topic. I don't know how the internet works in your country, but you can use the search box in Bluelight to find out plenty of information on Bluelight. Cheers mate.

Give me a break ,I asked this question because I wanted to know if anyone else has done this combo . Don't try and tell me no1 has asked a question about recreational use of drugs . It's Bluelight ,you sound like someone from yahoo answers .
if you actually read my post , you would have seen that I said I searched the everywhere on the net .
Dont waste your time by saying I should take them as prescribed , because if intended to do that , I wouldn't have asked this question . Cheers mate

I've done this combo.kinda..first off the tramadol and codeine are both opiates, I think it's weird your doctor would prescribe those two to be taken together at the same time.. basically from a medical standpoint he has you on two painkillers at the same time, if you ever we're my patient I'd just up the dose on the tramadol and drop the codeine it's just redundant..provided of course this is your long term meds.. The lyrica is a diffrent ball game and I always recommend taking that at night...so basically if you wanna take all 3 rxs id do codeine in the am then tramadol as needed or whatever till night after the codeine wears off.. then lyrica before bed...my two cents.

My apologies. I misunderstood something.
My problem is that I take the Lyrica, with Clonazepam and morpheine, daily.
I have taken Lyrica , Tramadol, and Clonazepam. That was good.
I took Tramadol with Percocet . The Tramadol helped kick in the oxycodone.
Okay, I'm real sorry. I was dealing with many greenlighters at the time.
I have taken Lyrica , Tramadol and oxycodone. It's not exactly what your asking, but it's relatively in the ballpark.
This is very subjective, but depending on where my head was at , the Lyrica usually helped afterword. I'm on the fence, in general, because my opiate medication keeps changing. Next week, I'm moving up to Opana. Long story short . Lyrica after Tramadol IMO. It gives the chance for the opiate to kick in, then either the Lyrica works with it, or brings down the SNRI effects.

I've done this combo.kinda..first off the tramadol and codeine are both opiates, I think it's weird your doctor would prescribe those two to be taken together at the same time.. basically from a medical standpoint he has you on two painkillers at the same time, if you ever we're my patient I'd just up the dose on the tramadol and drop the codeine it's just redundant..provided of course this is your long term meds.. The lyrica is a diffrent ball game and I always recommend taking that at night...so basically if you wanna take all 3 rxs id do codeine in the am then tramadol as needed or whatever till night after the codeine wears off.. then lyrica before bed...my two cents.

I liked the idea of getting 2 painkillers :) I just went into the doctors office and complained about my back that I injured at work , and he done a quick examination , and prescribed lyrica and tramadol and codeine , I done this combo last , I took 500mg tramadol first , I know it has risk of seizures after 400mg bit the lyrica helps with that. Then downed 600mg codeine CWE .and then done 600mg lyrica , it was the best combo for all weak opiates , I felt amazing I I started nodding off and took 10mg diazepam to go with it , and it intensified the nodd was literally the amazing I'm doing the same combo today :) I would recommend this combo to anyone with a tolerance to codeine :)

I would think the lyrica would be beneficial regardless, especially due to its anti-seizure properties. 200mg tramadol isn't really that worrisome, IMO.

Having said that, I've had 2 seizures, and both were while taking tramadol and gabapentin simultaneously, so the risk of seizure EVEN while on anti-seizure meds cannot be underestimated either.

Here is the problem with Gabapentin. It is used for people with epilepsy, but it doesn't control all types. For example Tramadol induced seizures. Gabapentin link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabapentin and Lyrica https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyrica. Read the links explaining Gabapentin and Lyricas roles in epilepsy/ seizures. From what I read, neither of them are really used to stop the main type of seizure caused by Tramadol. Now, I don't know every fact, but I just wouldn't chance it. If Tramadol gave you a seizure, I wouldn't take it any more, or at least lower the dose alot. The rest is on you. chrisincville, you say 200mg. That may be safe for you. The Lyrica is much better then Gabapentin. Still, be careful. Btw, my daily dosage of Lyrica is 300mg for ongoing pain issues, related to previous cancer treatment. I find 600mg mixed with my current medication works fine. I don't bother abusing it, because the withdrawals are terrible. Also keep in mind while dosing, that all opiates, including codeine lower the seizure threshold. I do not know to what degree. Be safe.

I have a traumatic spinal cord injury and have been taking Tramadol and Lyrica simultaneously for over a year and a half now. Granted I actually NEED these meds to function to the best of my "ability"... But when I see people trying to get high off drugs that are fairly new and have extreme side effcts, esp when combined with other drugs (MDMA being the worse in my opinion) I can't help but shake my head. Even though you're mixing it with codeine, that still will have some sort of altered effect on the Lyrica and Tramadol. And lets face it, 99% of the time we have no idea who made it, where it was made, etc. (Not the prescription drugs) The Tramadol and Lyrica will without a doubt change the high you experience. Take it from someone who learned the hard way, if you're going to do/mix any drug.. please do actual research instead of relying on "high-chasers" to give you their "medical opinion" on here. I've seen almost every doctor in Chicago and they all say the same thing, which is to never mix drugs unless they're meant to coincide for an actual medical purpose. Don't get me wrong, we've all been down and want to chase that high, but Tramadol and Lyrica are not the drugs for that AT ALL! And if you're planning on tripping on anything else make sure you rid your body of all the other drugs, because no matter what people say on here, everyone's body reacts to each drug differently (hense the inconsistency of the answers).

P.S. I know you did not mention taking Molly or XTC or anything of that nature, but I have tried that while also on Tramadol and Lyrica. Let me just say it was not the least bit fun. My BP was through the roof (I have low BP due to my injury, so this was very intense for me), I couldn't concentrate on one thing at a time, my social skills were diminished and I couldn't even hardly speak to my closest friends about what I was feeling because my brain literally would stop working and shift to something totally different within seconds. Also, be prepared to be awake for longer than when you usually take XTC or MDMA, because of the chemical imbalances you're forcing on your brain.

Just don't do it, ok? Be smart about what and how much of something you take please!!

Last edited:
OP, be careful with this combination. Although Pregabalin (Lyrica) is classified as an anticonvulsant, many users, including myself, experience myoclonus from recreational doses. This, combined with Tramadol's ability to provoke seizures doesn't seem like a good mix. I really don't have a lot of experience with Tramadol though.

I get the myoclonus from gabapentin. One time I jerked so fuckin hard it moved the whole couch. I was like WHOA. I experienced jerks from it before, but none as violent as that one. Does this mean I am seizure prone?