• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

College student arrested & thrown in jail after buying…bottled water

Bluelight Crew
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ed-thrown-in-jail-after-buying-bottled-water/

It should have been just a simple trip to the grocery store to buy bottled water, cookie dough and ice cream for a sorority event.

Instead, six plainclothes officers swarmed University of Virginia student Elizabeth Daly, who was ultimately arrested and spent the night and next afternoon in jail, the Charlottesville Daily Progress reported.

Getty Images
What happened? The officers — men and a woman — were state Alcoholic Beverage Control agents who suspected the 20-year-old walking to her car that night had just bought a pack of beer. One agent jumped on the hood of her SUV and Daly said one drew a gun. Panicking and not knowing who they were, she tried to get away.

“They were showing unidentifiable badges after they approached us, but we became frightened, as they were not in anything close to a uniform,” Daly said in a written account of the April 11 incident.

“I couldn’t put my windows down unless I started my car, and when I started my car they began yelling to not move the car, not to start the car. They began trying to break the windows. My roommates and I were…terrified,” she stated.

She dialed 911 as she pulled out of the parking lot and stopped for an agent’s car with lights and sirens, the Daily Progress reported. Once she realized who the agents were, she apologized profusely.

Nevertheless, Daly was charged with two felony counts of assaulting a law enforcement officer after she grazed two agents with her SUV trying to flee, and one felony count of eluding police.

She spent the night and afternoon in jail, and was facing prison time and thousands of dollars in fines before the charges were dropped Thursday.

Charlottesville Commonwealth’s Attorney Dave Chapman told the Daily Progress he’d never seen a case like this in 34 years of experience.

“It wouldn’t be the right thing to do to prosecute this,” he said.

The Alcoholic Beverage Control said Friday it’s reviewing the incident. A spokeswoman said a female agent saw “what appeared to be an underage person in possession of what appeared to be a case of beer.”

“The agent identified herself as a police officer and was displaying her badge,” agency spokeswoman Kathleen Shaw said in a statement. “The agents were acting upon reasonable suspicion.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ed-thrown-in-jail-after-buying-bottled-water/

At least in my city, plenty of people impersonate cops in order to rob you. They always have badges, and some of them even have policish vehicles (Impalas or Crown Vics) with lights and sirens.

At the same time, driving through a group of cops is a good way to get yourself killed.

At least in my city, plenty of people impersonate cops in order to rob you. They always have badges, and some of them even have policish vehicles (Impalas or Crown Vics) with lights and sirens.

At the same time, driving through a group of cops is a good way to get yourself killed.

we ain't that bad yet just can't walk down an alleyway these days without some muppet pulling a gun on you an robbing

I don't understand why they didn't confirm with the cashier first or get her as she left the store to confirm what she had purchased.

I have trouble believing a few parts of this story. The biggest hurdle is a cop doesn't jump on the hood of you car for underage drinking (who is the cop Serpico?). Second , is trying to break the window. I've been involved in a few felony arrests and they have been aggressive but not that much so. I smell bullshit!!

If that is rreally true these cops deserve jail. But yeah people impersonatre cops sometimes, they stop you and shit step out of your vehicle and then get the fuck out with it lol. Not in america though moreso in less controlled country

They should have killed the girl, to protect her from the dangers of alcohol. :|

The police are just bored, do your job properly and go after some murderers or rapist.

I have trouble believing a few parts of this story. The biggest hurdle is a cop doesn't jump on the hood of you car for underage drinking (who is the cop Serpico?). Second , is trying to break the window. I've been involved in a few felony arrests and they have been aggressive but not that much so. I smell bullshit!!

So what are you thinking?

They should have killed the girl, to protect her from the dangers of alcohol. :|

The cops save the day yet again! Oh wait, no, they didn't, they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of arming bored bullies with nothing better to do than to go terrorize college students over beer. How fucking pathetic. If I was a grown man and it was my job to go take down 20 year olds buying beer, I would seriously re-evaluate my life and honestly probably kill myself.

So what are you thinking?

What the fuck do you think I'm thinking. Just like every money hungry person. Lawsuit!!!! Fuck her. The cops didn't come at her with a no knock warrant. It was a misdemeanor at best with a ticket.

What the fuck do you think I'm thinking. Just like every money hungry person. Lawsuit!!!! Fuck her. The cops didn't come at her with a no knock warrant. It was a misdemeanor at best with a ticket.

I don't think missmeyet? deserved such a hostile response.

You always have to assume cops are fake, I think. Especially if they're not in uniform. Especially if they come up on you at night with no uniform, and you're female. Anybody can get a badge.

Was stopped years ago, felony drug stop and was with my boy and dealer, the undercover cops came out swamring from everywhere. The one that had his gun on our dealer (who happened to be the only black guy in the car) smashed the butt of his gun against the pass side so many times it shattered it. It was like they were delta force or some shit. Ive never liked the police that much but after that i fucking hate like 99% of them.