• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

collaborative community info thread: reason for mixing herbs with cannabis.

just say know

Bluelighter
i've known that many herbs pair well with the delightful cannabis high. blue lotus, klip dagga/wild dagga, hops, indian warrior, intoxicating mint, bay bean, opium lettuce, damania, motherwort, prickly poppy, etc, etc the list goes on and on.

but i was wondering if we could compile first hand experience on why we do this sometimes in the smoking community; both in the sense of recreation but also in the sense of medicine. i know that generally speaking we mix certain herbs together; specifically found to be useful is the addition of hops to your cannabis so that the hops eases much of the anxiety and paranoia occasionally encountered with the cannabis high. it also increases the high itself :)

but i was wondering; are there any medical applications of mixing herbs with cannabis or even using herbs on their own. i know that mixing some herbs together might help cannabis's pain reducing and pain coping qualities potentiate. personally i'm really interested in other herbs being utilized to influence cannabis's more useful uses of it's psychoactivity (rather than simply getting high).

has anyone had any experience and can such a person provide any insight into how cannabis's uses can be potentiated with the application of another beneficial herb?

i'm looking into the treatment of:

Pain
Anxiety
insomnia
depression
anger/violent tendencies
PTSD
BPD
ASD
OCD
ADHD

and other disorders and symptoms that you know a certain herb helps when added to your cannabis or smoked, drank as a tea, supplement, or infusion, or vaporized on it's own without the presence of cannabis.

mostly i'm trying to gather anecdotal evidence of herbal medicines; specifically smoking herbs and psychoactives. however i am also interested in inquiries and insights about general herbal medicines.

Last edited:
i'll use hops as an example: some people might have issues with anxiety and paranoia when using cannabis; but could also benefit from an anxiety and paranoia free (or reduced) cannabis high. now maybe hops could be a good herb to pair with cannabis when these individuals look into cannabis for medical use. that's one example of what i'm looking at in regards to the use of cannabis and other herbs to treat a problem.

I think Indian Warrior and Kratom both help with Cannabis anxiety in the way you say hops does although I've never tried mixing it with hops so I'd like to.

But do hops really have any mind altering qualities on their own?

Once I tried smoking them by themselves many years ago and nothing happened, so if they don't get you high/alter your consciousness WITHOUT weed then how do they work WITH it?