• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cold Water Extraction

angel8

Bluelighter
I recently learned about cold water extraction. I take Tramadol and Oxycodone, both prescribed for chronic pain. I have noticed however that my stmach and possibly liver are hurting from them. I've had a few basic tests done and nothing showed irregular. I like the idea of cold water extraction because I can take the acetaminophen out of the pill. I tried it tonight. Didn't seem to difficult. Crush my oxy then put in about 4 ounces of cold water and stirred it a few times. Then let it settle for about 5 minutes. Then used a coffee filter to pour the water into a glass and drink it. I'm posting now for any tips? Like how cold should the water be? How much water? How long do you wait for it to settle? Keep in mind, I am using only small doses, so one pill at a time. Thank you in advance for any tips! If I try to google this subject I just get flooded with website on drug abuse. And that's not what I'm doing. Just trying to not poison myself with acetaminophen.

I recently learned about cold water extraction. I take Tramadol and Oxycodone, both prescribed for chronic pain. I have noticed however that my stmach and possibly liver are hurting from them. I've had a few basic tests done and nothing showed irregular. I like the idea of cold water extraction because I can take the acetaminophen out of the pill. I tried it tonight. Didn't seem to difficult. Crush my oxy then put in about 4 ounces of cold water and stirred it a few times. Then let it settle for about 5 minutes. Then used a coffee filter to pour the water into a glass and drink it. I'm posting now for any tips? Like how cold should the water be? How much water? How long do you wait for it to settle? Keep in mind, I am using only small doses, so one pill at a time. Thank you in advance for any tips! If I try to google this subject I just get flooded with website on drug abuse. And that's not what I'm doing. Just trying to not poison myself with acetaminophen.
I think that's pretty much all you need to do.
A bottle of water kept in the fridge should be fine temp to use.
Also, I think maybe putting the cup or whatever with the crushed pills and water in in the fridge for a few min can help separate it quicker.
Stay safe

Four ounces of water is far too much. You need to be using a maximum of 50ml. Any less and it's too hard to filter, any more and you run the risk of too much paracetamol.

Water temperature should be below 20°C, but the colder the better.

But if you're only doing one pill at a time, why fuckin bother..?

Four ounces of water is far too much. You need to be using a maximum of 50ml. Any less and it's too hard to filter, any more and you run the risk of too much paracetamol.

Water temperature should be below 20°C, but the colder the better.

But if you're only doing one pill at a time, why fuckin bother..?
I'm doing this because I use Oxycodone regularly so the paracetamol is hurting my liver. I understand people do this to get a greater high. But doing one pill at a time is really helping me. I've already noticed the pain in my liver/stomach subside. Thank you for the water measurement. That's helpful. It's also easier to swallow as this tastes pretty gross!

I'm surprised that you're getting side effects from the amount of paracetamol present in 1 pill (usually 325mg or at most 500mg). That amount is usually very safe unless you were a daily drinker (of alcohol). Maybe it's something else?
Or it might be because you're taking many pills per day? If that's the case I think it's better to extract your daily dose at once instead of doing it everytime you want to take a pill.

Use as little water as possible, just enough to dissolve the pills + a bit more so it doesn't turn into a paste (which would make it hard to filter). There's no need to use a lot because most opioids are very water soluble (for example, you can dissolve almost 1g of oxycodone in 6mL of distilled water). Also make sure that the water is very cold to the touch but not freezing (2-4°C), specially if you're extracting many pills at once (for 1 pill it wont really matter that much).
If you want to avoid losing your opioids you can humidify the coffee filter using a small amount of cold water prior to filtering.

Last edited: