• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cold Water Extraction Clarifying Questions.,

qdogfresh

Greenlighter
Hello. So I recently had a surgery and acquired some Hyrdos. I was looking to hopefully use the method of Cold Water Extraction to remove the acetaminophen from some of them. My question about the process was: Is it totally necessary to use the around 150 mL of water? I would like to use closer to 30 or 40 mL to make it a smaller more controlled amount. Is this possible to do? I planned on using four or five tablets in the extraction.

4-5 tablets is only 1300-1625mg if APAP if you have the newer formulations that are limited to 325mg max no matter what dose of hydro the pills have. That being said, if you still want to do it then yes use as little water as possible to dissolve the pills.

Is there any information you have to recommend? Perhaps citing me some threads.? Curious weather you?re also researching over the internet or recommending from personal experience. I?m mostly just worried I will use too little water and in result lose precious materials to my filter, glasses, etc.

this is a very good study examining three extraction procedures of three codeine containing products. I am not familiar with this "hydros" product, but it appears to be a combination of codeine and paracetamol. I refer you to the second paragraph of "interpretation of findings" section, to give you some insight regarding the water volume to use. The extraction procedure itself is described in the "codeine extraction" section, product 3.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5130903/