• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cold turkey methadone

MissBoo

Bluelighter
In a few days I will be doing a rapid detox from 40mgs of methadone. Not that much I guess, a lot of people are on 80 up to 190 mgs. I need support not judgment. So if you wanna judge dont comment.

I am terrified of this. But due to financial issues I can no longer take methadone. I have panic attacks when I am not sure if I can get to the clinic. Fortunetly I have a wonderful friend who also goes to the clinic, who lives near by pick me up every day. I will be starting detox Wedns. Any advice to help me during the withdrawal would be appreciated. Methadone w/d is harder since the drug stays in your system longer. I just want to feel normal off everything and move on with my life. Thanks in advance
Mellee

So are you doing a rapid detox or cold turkey?

Do ANYTHING but cold turkey.. esp coming off Methadone.
Even though 40mg isn't a huge dose.. it's still enough to give you a nasty withdrawal.

How does your rapid detox look like?
Is it like a FEETOX? (A feetox is an administrative force detox due to not paying the clinic)

They give you a 15 day detox during a feetox.. doesn't matter if you're on 15mg, or 300mg.. 15 days is what you get.