Mental Health Cold Turkey 2 mg Klonopin after OD

blackmetaldog

Greenlighter
I was on seroquel and I tried to kill myself with maybe a little over 20 mg of klonopin. I was taking .25 all the way up to 2 mg for 6 months, and after I overdosed the doctors just took it away from me. I'm 21 days off of it now and am having seriously horrible withdrawal symptoms - derealization, depersonalization, I heard voices at one point, suicidal thoughts, I can't eat or sleep, memory issues, shaking in my legs and hands, and I am almost always anxious at all times.
I'm scared I fucked up my brain, or that I'm going to be this way forever. I tried telling the psychiatrists at the mental hospital I checked myself into, and they told me I wasn't actually withdrawing. Considering the doctors won't even be honest with me because they want to shove more pills down my throat, I didn't know where else to turn.
And is there anything I can do to help ease the withdrawal? How long is this going to last? I'm 19, 101 pounds, 5'2, and female. I can't afford to lose anymore weight. I'm terrified rn.
I'm also on Lithium & just started Zoloft. They gave me Trazodone and Vistaril, but are these even safe to take? I'm not trying to get hooked on anything else.

After overdosing, it's going to take some time for your mind and body to recuperate. I'm assuming they gave you trazodone and vistaril to help you sleep right? Also, are you seeing a therapist? I would hate to think that they discharged you and expect you to get through this on your own. I'm going to move this to Mental Health. Hang in there!

After overdosing, it's going to take some time for your mind and body to recuperate. I'm assuming they gave you trazodone and vistaril to help you sleep right? Also, are you seeing a therapist? I would hate to think that they discharged you and expect you to get through this on your own. I'm going to move this to Mental Health. Hang in there!
they did not set me up with a therapy appointment, but I just scheduled one on my own, and the office told me I need to talk to a psychiatrist ASAP.
and yes, both for sleep but i can take the vistaril as needed for anxiety every 8 hours. Doesn't do much though.

One of the best things you can do for yourself right now is to try to control the amount of worry you manufacture in your thoughts. Every time an anxious thought comes up (like, "Did I do permanent damage?" or "will this ever end?") ask yourself if that thought is going to help you or hurt you? Will it change the outcome of anything in the future or just cause you needless suffering in the present? We naturally anxious people get into really self-perpetuating bad habits in our thinking!:\

Ask your psychiatrist about CBT and mindfulness resources in addition to anything he or she may prescribe.