• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cold Sore

Mgold55

Bluelighter
I havent had one in a while. I first got one when I was 18. Now Im 34. I quit opiates on jan 13th, and nicotine on Jan 21. Does anyone know if quitting either of this substances can cause a cold sore to appear? I googled both and found that nicotine can cause a cold sore to appear within 1-2 weeks after quitting due to less antibacterial properties in the mouth. Can anyone confirm this?

It is possible nicotine could have been passively enhancing your immune system but no evidence for me to think this.

It is possible nicotine could have been passively enhancing your immune system but no evidence for me to think this.

Thanks for the response. This is what I found when I googled it.

"After quitting for some time cold sores generally develop in 1-2 weeks. Smoking overall can change the antibacterial properties in your mouth and over time your body becomes used to those properties. ... Therefore, when you quit you may shock your mouth by the lack of antibodies produced by saliva.May 23, 2018"

Some things you can do to keep coldsores at bay or help reduce the time during which you are afflicted by "the uglies"

1. Obviously keep your immune system healthy. That bitch keeps all forms of ailment in check

2. L-lysene. Google it up, I've used it for some time and it helps reduce severity and duration of an outbreak

3. Valtrex. If they become a common or frequent ailment, you can get daily valtrex treatment to keep the uglies off yo fayce and or dick

4. Use clean towels and shower often

5. Don't touch it

6. Exercise and eat well. Ties in with #1

Hope your shit clears up soon! I have the herps. Fucking pain, ugly, embarrassing ect.

Also, for what it's worth, my outbreaks seemed to be tied with post amphetamine usage. All the more reason to steer clear.