View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cola (soda) and Lysergamides: interaction and absorption

DrumTripper

Bluelighter
I know a couple friends who swore that you had to “drink a coke before you drop your tab.”
They made it sound like it was better somehow, but were always vague on the “why” of it.

Obviously, this is not necessary at all, and I don’t even drink pop anymore, but I do remember reading something somewhere about maybe the phosphoric acid doing something.
Is that a thing, or rather, what could that mechanism be?
Should I be getting back into coke (a cola) for my trips?

Anyone have insight into this lame little querry?
Thanks!

Doesn't help i usually make sure my mouth is clear of any liquids for at least 30 mins to a hour prior to dropping a tab incase of residual chlorine.

Some small amount of soda can be nice during the trip for your blood sugar.

Ah, okay. Blood sugar is surely a thing, and sometimes I find (especially the older i get) that I get so drained from no food during trips that nausea comes on.
@TripSitterNZ I will try your method and stay clear of anything until well into the trip.

I guess I was wondering whether cola or phosphoric containing drinks/foods do anything chemically to either enable faster/slower absorption, or some kind of potentiation - or is it just something some dude told me once?

Thanks for chiming in, folks!

I mean... acids like lemon juice help with converting psilocybin to psilocin... but I highly doubt it helps you absorb a tab of LSD faster. Two way different things.

Sounds like an teenage urban drug myth.

When I was a kid I used to believe shit like smoking a cigarette after weed gets you 48% higher (I literally believed that... 48%!!!)

Ya @SnafuInTheVoid i hear that! I held that same fact as truth, just can’t remember the %.
And thanks - you reminded me this was referring to mushrooms, where it does have some effect on conversion.

Lol smoking cigarettes do intesfiy the high a little bit with the stimulation of the nicotine so some truth to the statement.

Nah cola doesn't speed up absorption. Always keep the tabs under the tounge for fastest absorption rate usually the lsd enters your blood stream within minutes from the blotter but will still take the come up to feel usually more LSD = faster come up. But lsd come up times seem to vary from trip to trip and quality of the crystal laid on them.

Sometimes i have felt the LSD within 15 minutes on half a blotter when i took a major long break other times almost 4 hours til the LSD truly came on and peaked hard til the 12 hour mark.

And thanks - you reminded me this was referring to mushrooms, where it does have some effect on conversion.

Its much more effective to grind your shrooms and soak them in acid like lemon juice for 20 min BEFORE dosing. That's the point, to convert to psilocin before it enters your body. Makes for a quicker peak and shorter high.