• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coke on SSRIs.... blood work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merseyside8

Bluelighter
I did 3 bumps of coke on SSRIs..... I regret it but you know how these things go. Question, I barely snorted it as in I felt that it just went in my nose and not all the way up? Does it matter?
Will I experience any hard anxiety from this?

Does cocaine show up in blood work and how long does it take to get out of my system? I’m getting blood work done and it’s getting sent to my psychiatrist. I just don’t want it to appear on my results. Should I share it with my Dr. or not? I think 3 bumps is somewhat small. I used it like 12+ hours ago.....

Last edited:
Hey merseyside8 and I apologize that I haven't had a chance to formally welcome you to the community, so, WELCOME! As I tell all new folks, please familiarize yourself with the forum guidelines before creating new threads or even responding to existing ones. We do have rules and expectations but we try not to run Bluelight like a dictatorship. In the forum guidelines you'll find examples of obvious, more common sense stuff, like not to use the forums to actually buy, sell or otherwise transfer drugs.

Another thing we don't typically like to deal with are drug testing queries. In the way that they are most commonly phrased, there's no way for us to definitively tell someone whether they will or will not test positive for a given substance. The best we can give is a complete guess, which isn't beneficial for anyone and being that we have a limited amount of space on our "front page", we don't want that valuable space that is dedicated to reducing harm in the community, to be centered around shallow topics like how to beat drug tests. You are new and I totally understand, so don't feel bad about it. Like I said, just familiarize yourself with the rules and ask questions if you are ever unsure.

Whatever happens, using a small amount of Cocaine shouldn't provoke any kind of extremely intense reaction. I think you can probably expect some stimulation, but the effects of SSRI's often lead to a subjective feeling of blunted intensity in regard to stimulant use. So, for this reason as well, I wouldn't expect you to have a difficult experience in any way.

How you decide to proceed with your prescriber is up to you. What's the relationship? Are you a known addict being prescribed controlled substances? Do you expect to be drug tested or are you simply having blood drawn for a routine kind of diagnostic?

I really do apologize for inquiring about the blood tests. I have read and noticed some guidlines and know some things are off limits. I didn’t know about posting regarding drug tests. Well it wasn’t really a drug test question but it is the same concept. My Dr is having me do blood work for diagnostics so not necessarily a drug test. This was scheduled before I did it last night.

I have a great relationship with my doctor. I don’t have a drug problem as I have only used substances like coke about 15 times in my whole life. I had a life episode that got me diagnosed with adjustment disorder with anxiety and getting tapered off Lexapro now. On 2.5mg and should be done within the next month or so. Going to therapy for CBT. It’s jist one of those ashamed things you don’t wanna tell your doctor. I told her I wasn’t gonna do it.... alcohol is a hell of a influencer

By the way thank you for the welcome! I actually come here for comfort and it’s great.

Just wanted to throw out there that I went from 10mg to 7.5mg to 5 to 2.5mg of Lexapro in the span of 3-4 months. Lol so I’m sure the interaction of the 2 drugs isn’t bad....... right?

Mersey, you should be totally fine. If they aren't deliberately looking for drugs, they typically are not going test for them. When they do diagnostics with blood, they usually order tests that are fairly specific and they would have to deliberately request a drug test. Also, if they were to perform a drug test, it's almost always a Urinalysis if you are in the setting of a doctor's office. You really have nothing to worry about. If you're ashamed, don't be. If you really don't want to use drugs, try to refrain from the Alcohol. It lowers inhibitions for the best of us.

Don't get down on yourself. Everything's gonna be fine and the medication shouldn't interact in a terrible way with the Cocaine. At this point, you should be totally clear anyway.

I've never had any negative reactions with SSRIs and coke. You MAY feel a little more anxious the next day but that would be more down to the use of coke. You're all good. As for the blood work I have no comment as I'm not sure how it works in the US but sounds like you should be fine if it's a general test.

The Internet has several sites that explain how long a drug will generally stay in your system for peace of mind.

I don't believe drug testing would be part of typical blood work. In my experience, if they want to drug test you they would ask for a urine sample. I wouldn't worry too much. I'm going to go ahead and close this but wish you luck, Mersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.