• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

coke and mdma/molly on antidepressants

xannyhead

Bluelighter
So i havent done mdma/molly (whatever u wanna call it) in a couple years. Ive been taking zoloft 25mg and its been 2 months since I started it. It helps me a lot w my anxiety (i guess that dosage is not meant for depression, which i dont have). My question is - can i take mdma while being on SSRIs? how about coke? can i do a couple bumps and not have serotonin syndrome or any of that shit

You should be ok just remember the 5 Rs of medication; right drug, right route, right time, right dose and right patient.

And prepare yourself by eating clean and taking the right supplements before and after.

Also because I'm not a registered nurse I would advise checking in with your doc to be extra safe.

You should be ok just remember the 5 Rs of medication; right drug, right route, right time, right dose and right patient.

And prepare yourself by eating clean and taking the right supplements before and after.

Also because I'm not a registered nurse I would advise checking in with your doc to be extra safe.
what would be the right supplements in that case?

what would be the right supplements in that case?
I'm no expert, but I am a mental health worker who also has a mental illness and way too much meds. I also do a lot more drugs tha. I should. I just found this list on Google now for you;

IMPORTANT SUPPLEMENTS THAT MAY REDUCE OR PREVENT NEUROTOXICITY

N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC)​

NAC is involved in the synthesis of Glutathione by our bodies. Glutathione is the main antioxidant produced by the human body. Supplementing NAC will mean more Gultathione produced, which can protect us against oxidative stress and damage to the brain.

NAC may also be helpful for healing the neurotoxic damage associated with cocaine and amphetamine use, as well as improving several mental disorders. Can be purchased online or in health/vitamin shops.

~NAC brings the magic back~

Na-R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (Na-R-ALA)​

Na-R-ALA is a potent antioxidant that can fight off excess free radicals, helping prevent oxidative stress and neurotoxicity. A 2001 study showed it prevented MDMA neurotoxicity in rats, even when body temperatures rose. Can be purchased online or in health food/body building shops.

Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR)​

Another potent antioxidant that synergises with R-ALA, has shown to prevent MDMA neurotoxicity in rats. Can be purchased online or in health food/body building shops.

Highly bioavailable Magnesium​

An important one and something most of us are deficient in. Supplementing Magnesium will give your body the substance it needs to naturally protect i's neurons from killing themselves due to excitotoxicity. Magnesium can also reduce or prevent teeth grinding, jaw clenching, and muscle tension.

Some forms known to be really well absorbed by the body include, Magnesium L-Threonate, Magnesium Citrate and Magnesium Glycinate. Can be purchased online, in Pharmacies, or vitamin/supplement shops.

Vitamin C​

A common antioxidant found in fresh fruit and juice, especially citric fruits. has shown to prevent MDMA neurotoxicity and liver toxicity in rats. Vitamin C from fresh fruit and juice is preferred as it's better absorbed by the body. The chewable 500mg tablets are also a good option and are easily available from pharmacies and supermarkets.

Vitamin C and other antioxidants are known as 'free radical scavengers'. This is because antioxidants can prevent oxidative stress in your body by hunting down and removing the excess free radicals before they can damage or destroy neurons.

Grape Seed Extract (vitamin E and flavonoids)​

Grape seed extract contains vitamin E and flavonoids. Rats deficient in vitamin E were found to experience an increased severity of MDMA induced neurotoxicity. Vitamin E and flavonoids are also potent antioxidants that will fight off excess free radicals and prevent oxidative stress. Not to be confused with grapefruit seed extract. Can be purchased online, in pharmacies, or in health food/vitamin shops.

SUGGESTED SUPPLEMENTS

Green Tea Extract (ECGC)​

Green tea extract contains EGCG, an antioxidant which fights free radicals. Can also reduce the difficulty of urinating which some people experience while on MDMA. Purchased online, in pharmacies or health food/vitamin shops.​

5-HTP​

DO NOT CONSUME 24 HOURS BEFORE OR AFTER MDMA INGESTION, AS MAY INCREASE CHANCES OF SERATONIN SYNDROME.

Your body creates serotonin through a two-step process. First, the amino acid Tryptophan, which we get in our diets, is converted into 5-HTP. 5-HTP is then used by your body to make serotonin.

MDMA use has can block the enzyme in the body that converts Tryptophan into 5-HTP. So, for a couple of weeks after use, a lot of the tryptophan you're consuming through your diet isn't turning into serotonin. Taking 5-HTP skips this first step and will help replenish your serotonin levels much more quickly.

Taking it with Green tea extract as EGCG will help to make sure it's your brain that's getting the serotonin, not your gut. You can purchase 5-HTP online, or in body building/health food stores.

Melatonin​

Melatonin is produced naturally by your body in low light and helps regulate your sleep pattern. Taking melatonin can help you get to sleep after taking stimulants. It is also a potent antioxidant that will help prevent any lingering free radicals from inducing oxidative stress and doing more damage. Purchased online, or in pharmacies.

DOSING GUIDE​

6-12 HOURS BEFORE dropping

• Magnesium Glycinate or similar - 100-200mg
  • Grape seed extract - 100mg
1 HOUR BEFORE dropping

• Magnesium Glycinate or similar – 100-200mg
  • Grape seed extract - 100mg
  • Vitamin C - 500-1000mg
  • Grapefruit juice - small glass (optional)
ALONG WITH MDMA INGESTION

• Na-R-ALA -100mg
  • Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 500mg
  • Water - 250ml
  • Electrolytes - 250ml
WHILST ROLLING

• Na-R-ALA - 200mg (ever 2 hours of the roll)
  • Grape seed extract – 100mg
  • Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 500mg
  • Magnesium Glycinate or similar – 100-200mg
  • Green tea extract – 400mg
  • Vitamin C - 500-1000mg
  • Water - 250ml (an hour or 500ml an hour when dancing)
  • Electrolytes - 250ml (every 1-2 hours)
POST-ROLL

• Magnesium Glycinate – 100mg - 200mg
  • Na-R-ALA - 100mg
  • Vitamin C – 500 - 100mg
  • Acetyl L-Carnitine - 500mg
  • Melatonin – 5-10mg before bed (using larger doses for its antioxidant effect.)
  • Water - 250ml - 500ml
  • Electrolytes - 250ml
3-7 DAYS FOLLOWING MDMA USE

• 5-HTP – 100mg before bed
  • Green Tea Extract – 400mg with 5-HTP before bed
  • N-AcetylCysteine (NAC) – 600-1000mg (optional)

IMPORTANT NOTES

• Keep your body temp down and your water and electrolyte intake up.
  • Know your substance, your mind and your body,
  • Always do your own research and come to your own conclusions.
  • Reduce or avoid mixing stimulants and MDMA.
  • Antioxidants are essential in protection from neurotoxicity caused by oxidative stress.
  • Magnesium is essential for your brain to naturally protect itself from Glutamate induced damage.
  • Eat your fruit and veggies, get a decent amount of sleep and look after your brain!

Coke and MDMA/Molly are very different. One works on serotonin, other on dopamine and adrenaline.

Coke and MDMA/Molly are very different. One works on serotonin, other on dopamine and adrenaline.
Both coke and MDMA work on Adrenaline, Dopamine and Serotonin, in different ways and with different efficacies but they both affect all 3 significantly.
MDMA is a triple releaser (SNDRA) and coke is a triple reuptake inhibitor (SNDRI).