• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Coke analog shows "opposite function profile" to anti-addiction mechanism in ibogaine

Nagelfar

Bluelight Crew
Coke analog shows "opposite function profile" to anti-addiction mechanism in ibogaine

3′-methoxy-8-methyl-spiro(8-azabicyclo(3.2.1)octane-3,5′(4′H)-isoxazole

(ibogaine reference in original source on "ledge" of image when it indents / cuts-in)

210px-3%E2%80%B2-methoxy-8-methyl-spiro%288-azabicyclo%283.2.1%29octane-3%2C5%E2%80%B2%284%E2%80%B2H%29-isoxazole.png

Reveals hidden transporters (because apparently, they aren't available at all times in suchwise for binding to occur by monoamine reuptake inhibitor ligands) by making them ready, 'priming their pump' (har-har; reuptake pump) so that they may be bound my a secondary reuptake inhibiting ligand readily and right away in full force by positioning the MAT in a configuration with which it may accept agonism/antagonism

Interestingly even very similar "spirocyclic tropanyl-Δ(2)-isoxazoline" cocaine-like analogue compounds do not do what this is shown to do, ultimately it is considered to have the opposite effect profile of the anti-addiction drug ibogaine, and displays in vitro (and therefore in a very objective, mechanistic manner in regard to MAT allosteric functionality) what tianeptine is the only other drug known to show to do and then only in vivo (so who knows what up/down-stream factors are at play)

Technically, it works by noncompetitive inhibition of 5-HT transporters decreasing Vmax with small change in the Km for serotonin in what results as stabilizing the cytoplasm-facing conformation of SERT, wherein that acts by interconverting the conformational state of unexposed SERTs to ones exposing the SSRI binding site via a shift to the equilibrium of the MAT by unveiling serotonin uptake-area ligand-sites on surface of transporter that allows for binding by (adjunct) exogenous ligand, when SERT is otherwise conformed in a transitional manner where a SERT ligand cannot bind, this effect with compound in question occurs at concentrations of 10μM—30μM creating the allosteric effect of *making more instances of MAT available for binding* (while exerting an inhibitory orthosteric effect when concentrations reach >30μM and above.)

No other known drug does this in this way.... and, it's a cocaine analog... with the diametrically opposed putative method of action to ibogaine's anti-addictive properties.... Can you say, most reinforcing / addicting drug ever? ;-P (or perhaps, one must be found to focus this effect on DAT rather than SERT, then we'd see. =-P )

XK1Fgr.jpg

EzYaDf.jpg

oMxY1D.jpg

fRXHex.jpg
qotrTI.jpg

rLgn06.jpg

rJkveh.jpg

i4yOaI.jpg

Last edited:
I think you are reading way too much into the significance of these findings, especially in regards to ibogaine. The monoamine-uptake carriers, like other proteins, can exist in different 3D conformations. Ligands act by selectively binding to and stabilizing a subset of the possible conformations, thereby shifting the equilibrium toward those conformations. It's not strange that it is possible to discover a new allosteric ligand that can selectively bind to and stabilize a particular SERT conformation that is not known to be targeted by other ligands.

Basically they are showing that 7a tends to stabilize the outward-facing conformation of SERT, which results in a slight increase in citalopram binding and serotonin uptake.

No other known drug does this in this way.... and, it's a cocaine analog... with the diametrically opposed putative method of action to ibogaine's anti-addictive properties....

The primary mechanism for ibogaine's antiaddictive properties is thought to be blockade of α3β4 nicotinic channels. 18-Methoxycornaridine, the ibogaine analog that is currently being developed for use in humans, does not have affinity for SERT but retains efficacy against addiction.

any information on 18-Methoxycornaridine development for humans? did they even do a clinical trial yet or is this completely abandoned? wiki has some outdated information as usual, useless.

any information on 18-Methoxycornaridine development for humans? did they even do a clinical trial yet or is this completely abandoned? wiki has some outdated information as usual, useless.

Savant HWP has been running phase I trials in Brazil. My recollection is that the primary indication is leishmaniasis/Chagas disease, although they hope to test its anti-addictive properties.

it's not strange that it is possible to discover a new allosteric ligand that can selectively bind to and stabilize a particular SERT conformation that is not known to be targeted by other ligands.

I think novel is the only inference for something "new" and that is "not known to be targeted" by others, though one could say 'unusual' is one synonym of "strange", not uncanny or imperceivable. ;-P

Basically they are showing that 7a tends to stabilize the outward-facing conformation of SERT, which results in a slight increase in citalopram binding and serotonin uptake.

Would "inward facing" be the same as an 'occluded' configuration, as per papers such as:

The Substrate-Driven Transition to an Inward-Facing Conformation in the Functional Mechanism of the Dopamine Transporter (2011)

The primary mechanism for ibogaine's antiaddictive properties is thought to be blockade of α3β4 nicotinic channels. 18-Methoxycornaridine, the ibogaine analog that is currently being developed for use in humans, does not have affinity for SERT but retains efficacy against addiction.

Maybe I was tryin' to sell my thread a little for extra eyes and in-put, pharm. industry leaders have been more misleading. ;-P Though seeing as there is an overlap between MAT reuptake ligands and nicotinic receptors (such as in the phenyltropane pharmacophore)

De-railed by ibogaine mention, ah the double edged sword of stretchin' it for notice.

whats ibogaine, this stuff actually seems interesting right here

Would "inward facing" be the same as an 'occluded' configuration, as per papers such

I don't think so. The occluded state sounds like there is some conformational change that prevents inhibitors like citalopram from entering the binding site. There is probably a subtle change in the position of a few of the residues that line the entrance to the binding site.

i have a feeling nagelfar is going to find the miracle molecule one day

i have a feeling nagelfar is going to find the miracle molecule one day

Coming from a member in higher seniority that is quite the complement. (I only haven't taken chemistry as an academic pursuit yet, because, while I've been told I'd ace my first four years of chemistry, I want my doctoral thesis to win me the Nobel Prize, =D ;-P and without an instructor beaming with "I taught that fellow", hell to the academic establishment. ;-P I have a theory on electron energy resonance and action potential alterations and energy exchange in vivo for ligands with both affinity for high-through-put charged channels, and voltage gated receptor affinity of some kind; obviously coke inspired. ;-j )

hmm yummy. i wish i am you, young and able to burn quite the few cells for extasy