• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Coffee Vs Speed/amphetamine?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Naturally one is more potent and potentially destructive.

But at the moment it's a very real consideration for me compare these two;

Reason being over the past few months I've discontinued ALL drugs, everything, even paracetamol.
No prescription drug, no sleep aids, no anti-histamines.

My nervous system at the moment is all me.

What I attribute to neuro-development and neural morphology/genesis, but I'm in a transition phase of kind of, re-establishing "autonomous" functionality, by way of cognitive intervention.

Cognition implicates the "upstream" neural factors, where as drugs are all "downstream" signalling.

Point being - during this transition, I need just a little something to get by.
To be taken exclusively as required, and I don't forecast it being long term.

Just a few weeks hopefully.

It needs to be some kind of stimulant as it's overcompensating for lack of neural firing.

Coffee at the moment, takes the edge off.

But I tried some methamphetamine a month ago and it is chicken soup for my soul.
It puts me in such a good place and reminds me I'm human.

Maybe one dose of this a week?
But of course I hate the side effects so I figured I knock that down a gear to just regular amphetamine.

My question is, to those using amphetamine regularly.

Would infrequent use be considered FAR more destructive that 2 to 3 cups of strong coffee a day?

What dose would you recommend of amphetamine for my purposes? I'm guessing about 20 mg.

Or would you just say,

"lolwut? Amphetamine is not a step in the right direction. Stick with your Nescafe if long term drug addiction and reduction in quality of health are low on your list of priorities".

My question is, to those using amphetamine regularly.

Would infrequent use be considered FAR more destructive that 2 to 3 cups of strong coffee a day?
Actually, imo, no. As long as you keep your dosage low, it won't hurt you much. Remember, stimulants are routinely used in people with attention deficit / hyperactivity and for years. I'm not so sure whether we should do this to kids but in adults you find both - papers which say therapeutic use doesn't do no damage and papers which tell the opposite. I'd say from therapeutic dosage (5-20mg maybe?) stuff will remain in that range which is repaired quickly. I also never had the urge to compulsively re-dose amphetamine as shorter acting stims like methylphenidate do.

I'd start with 5mg d- or 10mg rac-Amphetamine, maybe even half of that.

Actually, imo, no. As long as you keep your dosage low, it won't hurt you much. Remember, stimulants are routinely used in people with attention deficit / hyperactivity and for years. I'm not so sure whether we should do this to kids but in adults you find both - papers which say therapeutic use doesn't do no damage and papers which tell the opposite. I'd say from therapeutic dosage (5-20mg maybe?) stuff will remain in that range which is repaired quickly. I also never had the urge to compulsively re-dose amphetamine as shorter acting stims like methylphenidate do.

I'd start with 5mg d- or 10mg rac-Amphetamine, maybe even half of that.

You experienced a compulsion to re-dose when using methylphenidate?

Because I had tried that and specifically for that reason (short half life), decided it was unsuitable, thus tried methamphetamine;

Which waaay over did it.

So now I'm thinking regular amphet. should be a suitable middle ground.

Yeah, you're right about that. Specially suited might be lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse) as a prodrug to amphetamine. Strangely in me it doesn't provide much of retardation, I seem to metabolize all at one but most people do get a slight retard effect. Meth indeed just is too much, I liked the first 6-8 hours and then it began to become uncomfortable on most days, also had a hefty depressive hangover which other (<12h) stims didn't provide.

if you wanting some relief from life then doing it once jn awhile shouldn't be too bad...but remember the addiction will be there. if you want a jolt stronger than coffee...I recommend some C4 or MuscleTech preworkout from Walmart. done some research and I swear it has DMAA. its not psychotic addictive energy but omg I love my MT. great because its more kick than 2x 5hr st once and last a good 10 hours

I always advise to avoid meth for anyone. Try out some other amphetamines and leave meth well alone. While they're all potentially addictive, meth is a whole other beast and it I really easy to get stuck using it well beyond what you intended.

Try Adderall or something else. I found that to be very effective for my ADHD without all the negative repercussions of meth use. Yes, meth keeps me level and focused but even just a slight bit more than a small dose and it sends me off the rails. Given the inconsistency of purity, consistently getting a small dose is ridiculously difficult even when I weigh them out. And I love the feeling of going off the rails so I abuse the fuck out of it.

I never did abuse Adderall. It just kept my head in the game so I could function properly.