• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codiene to oxycodone help please

Kayskees

Greenlighter
Hi

I've been using 300mg codiene daily for about a year and have been happy with this, always tend to get buzzed and I've never really looked for anything too intense. Fell upon some 60mg oxycodones, want to give them a go but basically I'm scared! Hah how ridiculous do I feel! I've done a good few hours of searching BL and Google and not really found the reassurance/answers I'm after to: is 1 60mg oxycodone going to be too much for me to handle, what am I going to feel that's different to the codiene other than I may feel more, can i cut the oxy up to reduce the dose, and what can I do if I think somethings gone bad.?

Thanks for any thoughts / advice.

I think 60 mg of oxycodone would be a lot if you've never had it before. First time I took too much oxy it was an 80 mg that I cut a piece from and I still vomited. I found it very intense. Try cutting the pill in half, maybe even take less. Remember you can always add more if you find that's not enough. Hope this helps. :)

Thank you, that does help. I think I'll cut it up and start small like you've suggested.

Oxycodone is around 20 times stronger as codeine so I'd say start with something around 10-20 mg and go from there

Thank you. If I cut up the 60mg say into quarters does that lessen the dose? Or is it 60mg in each bit?

So decided go to for it. Cut the 60mg into quarters and orally took a quarter and OMG!! It hit minutes later. I'm half an hour in and it's eased off a bit. Not sure I enjoyed it and I'm shaking like a leaf..... I'm expecting this to go on all night.... maybe i go smaller next time!?

The onset orally is 10-40 min, usually around 20-30 so I think it hitting you in minutes is a placebo as you were afraid for it to be too strong (or nocebo as you're shaking)
The duration of action should be around 3-6 hours for instant release

Not thought of that, thank you. Is it a case of riding it out or can I stop the effects some how?

I'd say try to relax and enjoy the ride. 15 mg is a low-normal dosage and you should be completely fine, try to not worry as much and I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)
But if you really want it to stop drink something acidic, like orange juice, this'll help your body excrete the oxycodone faster.

Glad that I could help :)

One question, the codeine you used to take, was it pure codeine, or codeine with another pain med like paracetamol (acetaminophen)?