• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codiene phosphate and gabapentin

Beezye15

Greenlighter
What is a safe(ish) dosage to get a pleasant buzz and send me to sleep?
Usually take 3 gaba and 4 or 5 codeine last thing at night to help with pain but now has no effect.

What are the specific milligrams of each gaba and codeine pills you are taking?

captain obvious here but best to take not that when your usual dose no longer has effect it might be wise to look out for further signs of tolerance

30 mg codeine and 300 mg of gaba

You'll just end up blasting your tolerance way up.. but saying that, Gabapentin/Pregabalin etc are great for potentiating Opiates like Codeine etc. So you may just need to take an extra 1 or 2 Gaba's, and that should definitely help - without raising the amount of Codeine you need to take. Failing that, try another couple more Codeine's.. But going to sleep would seem a bit of a waste, as I'd rather try to stay awake and enjoy the buzz. But I would say that, being an addict and all.

My actual harm reduction advice would be find something else to try to help you sleep if possible.. But try and avoid Benzos.

The issue with this thread is that we're not likely to be able to discern the truly appropriate dosage for you no matter how hard we try. You know yourself much better than any of us. It's more than likely that you've simply become tolerant to either the Gabapentin (Neurontin), the Codeine or both. You can, of course, take a break in an attempt to reset your tolerance a little bit or you can increase your dosage. You're not dealing with anything extremely dangerous here. Codeine is fairly mild and use of Gabapentin in conjunction with Opioids is generally approved of, if not encourage with the hopes of reducing overall Opioid dosage.

So, sadly, you're going to need to figure out what works best for you my friend. We're here to keep you safe and make sure shit does not hit the fan.