• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

codiene dose for opiate user? advice required asap

wrx fifer

Greenlighter
Hi, i take oramorph and also zomorph slow release morphine capsules on a daily basis for around the last 3 years for my back pain after multiple spine ops, am prescribes 60mg sr morphine twice daily and 20ml oramorph liquid daily, however i take more, some days i take 240mg sr morphine in one go and i normally take between 20 and 40ml or oramorph at a time, and have done for a long time so would say i had a tolerance.
However i have run out and dont get anymore for 2 days so am a little worried about pain and also withdrawl.

So i have a lot of co-codamol 8mg/500mg so the 8mg codeine tablets so was going to try and do my first CWE purely to save myself on bad withdrawls etc, but have never done it before, have read up on it a fair bit and have coffee filters for filtering but am wondering about the actual dose amount to do?

20 doing 30 of these tablets for example should give a yield of AROUND 240mg of codiene give or take a bit waste would this be enough to stave off withdrawls and possibly help a little with pain?

With it being my first time doing this as well am a little bit paranoid/worried just with never having done it before also.

any advice etc would be greatly appreciated.

Start low, don't use conversion tables.

hi and thanks, i just thought with taking those amounts of morphine every day, that a small amount of codiene would not make any odds to me, and have read re-dosing is no good with codiene, so would like to try and get an amount first time thats going to be beneficial to my pain and also the withdrawals am going to be looking at tomorrow or day after?

hi and thanks, i just thought with taking those amounts of morphine every day, that a small amount of codiene would not make any odds to me, and have read re-dosing is no good with codiene, so would like to try and get an amount first time thats going to be beneficial to my pain and also the withdrawals am going to be looking at tomorrow or day after?

Opioid withdrawals kick in 24-36 hours after last dose.

240mg of codiene is roughly equivalent to 24mg of morphine IV or ~72mg oral morphine. So it should be able to hold you from withdrawal for a while, but probably not 2 days. Be sure to run a cold water extraction to limit the APAP intake, ingesting 15 grams of acetaminophen is guaranteed to do a number on your liver.

Depending on personal physiology and which opioid you're using exactly, withdrawals can being as soon as 3-4 hours after dosing for heavy fentanyl users. Ksa is right that for the average user it's around 24-36 hours to first w/d though.

well i have had 240mg today slow release, and get my new weekly prescription on monday morning so just need a little something to see me through saturday night or sunday really, so should be ok with some of this then, i never iv only ever orally ingest

Opioid withdrawals kick in 24-36 hours after last dose.

Methadone or buprenorphine withdrawal do if you're lucky, but morphine doesn't hold you that long, when I took morphine and heroin, my withdrawals always started within 6-8 hours, I'm not talking about full blown w/d of course, but becoming uncomfortable (I suppose that's normal for any addict to morphine/heroin with a decent tolerance taking 2-3 doses a day; with little or no tolerance a single dose of heroin might as well last into the next day if it was high enough but we're talking about heavy nodding or even an overdose then). Although you certainly have a bit more time if you consume extended release morphine pills every day.

Last edited:
240mg will probably be completely inperceptible considering the dosages of Morphine that you've been taking OP. Assuming that you're a normal metabolizer of Codeine, you're gonna require approximately 2,400mg of Codeine to meet your current threshold of Opioid consumption. This would equal 300 of your chosen Codeine pills even. This would be a pretty large-scale Cold Water Extraction, but it could be done. You just need to filter multiple times to be sure you've removed the APAP.

Codeine can be effective for relieving withdrawal, but it's not very effective for people with large habits. You would need to acquire a lot of tablets to make them a viable option although a lower dosage might be effective in mitigating some of the worst symptoms of withdrawal.

thank you all for the replies, but at the last minute i had a friend come through with 13 60mg mistys morphine sulphate tablets for me, which was such a relief, with never having actually done a CWE before, so i never needed to do it, however as am sure we all know you have to do what you have to do, and was just away to start preparing all the tablets when i got the call to go and collect them, so have split them and taken half today which has helped me greatly and will have the rest tomorrow then will get my new prescription on Monday morning.

However i have no doubt i will still have to be doing a CWE soon enough as i just dont get nearly enough morphine prescription to cover my pain, so going through it quicker than i should and having to reply on trying to buy this and that from whereever to cover my short fall is a pretty regular occurrence tbh, and now that i have all the filters and probably around 100 co-codomol 8mg sitting there and will probably build the pil up more for the day when i actually have to bite the bullet and do it when i cant get anything anywhere else lol.

thanks guys