• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine withdrawal

jayne1047@

Greenlighter
Sorry if this isn’t in the right place.
I’ve been addicted to codeine at high doses for 5 years. I know people say it’s weak so the withdrawal isn’t that bad but I prefer it to everything else I’ve tried including cannabis and high doses of pregabalin so I think I’m one of those people who converts a higher amount of it into morphine. So maybe my withdrawals are worse than others, I don’t know. But I can’t cope with it for even a day. I last had my usual amount (about 480mg) on Tuesday. So today I’m in withdrawal, horrible cold sweats, restless legs, on the verge of a panic attack, upset stomach etc. i just took my usual amount like two and a half hours ago and for the first time ever, the withdrawal hasn’t stopped. I’m so confused and disappointed. All I can access is another 480mg. My question is that would do more to help, a few hours after the initial 480mg, or no because I should’ve taken it all at the same time? I don’t know much about “stacking” doses of codeine.
Call me weak or whatever you want for not being able to handle the withdrawal, but I will literally throw myself in front of a train instead of spending all night feeling like this unable to sleep. I don’t have access to anything else right now.

I don't think taking another 480mg will help you now.

Some pregabalin will help or loperamide. Maybe a few drinks or some weed. Just do what you have to do to get through it. It will get better.

I don't think taking another 480mg will help you now.

Some pregabalin will help or loperamide. Maybe a few drinks or some weed. Just do what you have to do to get through it. It will get better.
Thank you. I had the last of my pregabalin yesterday ☹️ The trouble is I’m a suicide risk (duh) so my doctor changed my medications to weekly prescriptions instead of monthly so I only get a small amount at once (35 30mg codeines, 14 150mg pregabalin) which isn’t enough when I need about 15 of the codeines a day, or 10 pregabalins! (Which I don’t even really like as they seem to act like more of a stimulant for me)
I’ve just had 20 loperamides which is less than id usually take for withdrawal but hopefully that helps. And my partner has just gone to get me some nurofen plus in our late night pharmacy but they didn’t have it, he got me paramol instead but paracetamol gives me a horrible taste/smell like I’ve inhaled a horrible deadly chemical (which I supposed I will have)
I haven’t eaten much for a few days, so maybe I’m mistaking the codeine not helping the withdrawal for what is actually low blood sugar. I’m pretty sure I’m pre-diabetic. So many low blood sugar symptoms are close to withdrawal symptoms (on a lesser scale) I’ve just tried some yoghurt (can’t bring myself to eat something solid. Eating disorder on top of being an addict🙄) so hopefully something will work out and I’ll feel better soon.

Lope is cardiotoxic in high doses. I'd stay away and try kratom instead, should be a milder withdrawal and codeine jump to kratom shouldn't be too hard. Good luck friend.

Lope is cardiotoxic in high doses. I'd stay away and try kratom instead, should be a milder withdrawal and codeine jump to kratom shouldn't be too hard. Good luck friend.
I’d have no idea where to even get Kratom in the Uk, I don’t know any drug dealers as I’ve only ever abused prescription drugs acquired from a GP

Many places online should sell it. It's illegal in the UK or what? Sorry to hear that. Other than that, I'd talk to the GP and ask about clonidine. It's an Adrenergic alpha a2 blocker I believe. It's very good for withdrawals.
Edit: also shouldn't be too hard to get. It's used for high blood pressure, adhd and drug withdrawal

If you have pregabalin that will help as you mentioned you had it. Get some loperamide thats a must. While codeine wd is not as bad as say morphine wd it still sucks balls.
Is there anyway you can taper? Id go that route if you can

Many places online should sell it. It's illegal in the UK or what? Sorry to hear that. Other than that, I'd talk to the GP and ask about clonidine. It's an Adrenergic alpha a2 blocker I believe. It's very good for withdrawals.
Edit: also shouldn't be too hard to get. It's used for high blood pressure, adhd and drug withdrawal
Yeah it’s illegal in the UK and the doctors hate prescribing absolutely anything even if it’s not addictive, let alone if it is. “Free healthcare” and all that, they like to save as much money by prescribing as little as possible.

That's a tough position. I'd try looking into other mitragyna sp. maybe? Clonidine is also def addictive if you use it a lot, just very useful also, ask about it at least, even if you don't get it. Look into corydalis. It's got mild opioid affinity and should be legal. Also dopamine antagonist so much less addictive

I'm the same way, I cant stand any withdrawal symptoms. I'm surprised the Codeine dose today isnt helping since its only been two days.

I recently stopped Loperamide CT, was taking at least 140mg/daily. I was taking Clonidine for withdrawals but by day 5 I couldn't take the withdrawals anymore and took some Loperamide again, probably up to 140mg and I still felt like garbage, day after I still felt like garbage and took more Loperamide then started feeling ok. But the next day I only took 70mg and felt ok.

I then got some kratom and Gabapentin, was able to rapidly taper down in 10 days to zero Loperamide. Its been over 2 weeks now no Loperamide, still taking Kratom and Gabapentin once or twice a day as needed.

I learned for me its best to taper, no way can I handle a long withdrawal period.

I wonder if you can tough it out until tomorrow and then only take half your Codeine dose, see how you feel afterwards.

Yea i've been there in the past and it does suck, i'm scripted 90mg dhc twice a day although i'm not well up on opiods but dhc felt like a stim to me, blitzed my work quick and felt ok bashing my month script in 2 weeks so the last two weeks was the complete opposite, i tried paramol and psuedoephedrine which helped me.

I have no issue stopping though when i'm not in pain.
Like i say i don't know much about opiods, it just worked for me.
I never got anything myself from kratom, but a lot of people recommend it so i would look for some. Krattge.eu if i remember correctly.
Good luck and be careful with the amount of nurofen you take, it caused my mum no end of trouble.
And we need you here as your posts help others x
Take care.