• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine & respitory depression

Anon1990

Greenlighter
I have quite a high tolerance to codeine. Took 200mg codeine phosphate (no apap) over an hour ago.
I always, every night, worry about respitory depression. I think my anxiety makes it seem worse than it is.
With a high tolerance, and having taken this dose before, am I at any dangerous risk of experiencing it?
If so, is there any home remedies to counteract it?

i don't think there is a major risk of respiratory depression from 200 mg codeine, especially if you have a high tolerance.

you're not mixing it with benzos or anything? should be fine :)

Thank You! Nope, I don't take anything else, including alcohol, while on codeine.
I never know if I'm really experiencing it or if it's my anxiety playing up & resulting in me focusing way too hard on my breathing.

anxiety certainly can cause people to worry unduly, but i really don't think that's anywhere near OD territory

200mg is not that high of a dose for someone with a tolerance. Back towards the end of the period when I used to use codeine, I needed to take 160mg to get the same effect I'd get from 40mg when I first started. And that was twice daily, so 320mg/day, and I never suffered from any serious side effects.

I'm not suggesting that was a good move on my part, it's just to reassure you that you shouldn't worry too much.

Last edited:
What kind of dosage of codeine phosphate is dangerous? I'm taking 480 - 600mg daily
Also, if mixed with cocaine and zoplicone. What's the dangers?