• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine Phosphate Hemihydrate Does Not Work

Michael_25

Bluelighter
Tried a CWE twice after a significant break from all opioids (just over 2 months). Both times I felt nothing. First dose yesterday was 180 mg -- nothing. Next dose, today, 360 mg -- nothing. I've never had this problem with STRAIGHT codeine phosphate. This is the first time I've come across this hemihydrate salt.

My question: Has anyone else tried CP Hemihydrate? What were the results?

It is the same thing, brother.

Check pubchem out

Your doing the car correctly I presume? 3-400ng should be enough to feel

I’ll leave this open and try and check into it - What is the brand? - Just curb your enthusiasm? Please?

Ahttps://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/9953630#section=Isomeric-SMILES

Also it’s referred to as phosphate hemihydrate on various rx sources

It’s a synonym

I won’t close this, please, PM ME or the mod that closed it if this happens in the future; Thus is open because you question the effectiveness of your medication, not because I think “hemi-hydrate “ is a failure - It’s also called, methylmorphine, I think? Drugs do exist as different salts, oxycodone is for example a hack, hcl is common and you would technically convert from the base compound; diphenhydramine is also available as a citrate - The citrate salt is heavier, and so it’s less potent by weight, making the hcl about 50 % more potent; and, Hydroxyzine has two brands, one, Atarax, a hcl salt, the other, common for anxiety it seems ( I take them, yay!) is Hydroxyzine pamoate, known as vistaril, and they are roughly equipotent. Codiene I think is at a 1/1 ratio with wtf ever it’s salt would be - There are other forms, though pretty rare now, like finding something aside from morphine sulphate (Why cannot remember these synonyms, agh!)

Luck

Thanks Lorne???

Interesting. Can physicians prescribe a placebo? That is, I'm not actually getting ANY codeine as stated on my Rx and on bottle?

^ Nah. Besides, they would need the pharmacist to be in on it, and both would be risking a lot

I prob should have left your other thread open until you cwe ‘d them / sorry (shrugs )

Anyway, henihydrate seems to be the same as the hydrate, which IS codiene phosphate; I asked about the brand, because codiene is mild enough, imho, that if the brand was inconsistent, so that you were getting the minimum codiene allowed (80%) then you may not feel much of a “high “ - That seems unlikely, though remember codiene is primarily a prodrug, and lots of things can inhibit 2D - So, if it was inhibited, even accidentally, and to a moderate degree, I wouldn’t be so surprised. I just keep missing your log ins, like I said, sorry about your cwe and other thread, I’ll leave it to you to analyze any and all possible factors (since I cannot) Tylenol 2/3 is referred as “phosphate hydrate “ btw. Something should explain it, although U never got much out of codiene, and I Did tramadol(not much, though enough to know I was capable of converting it to its active form)

Ask the doc for something else and explain (and demonstrate) morphine(production) from codiene is hit or miss? Sorry, kinda graspin here, for straws, and a lesser extent, air (I’ve gotta do something About all the years I’ve smoked)
Haha I am a bit out of it, I just hit the “Close” button thinking this would post