• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Codeine - Nurofen Plus CWE

Dodgy21

Greenlighter
Hello all.
So I've been using nurofen plus roughly 4 times a week, and have been having 12-16 per time. N+ is 200mg ibuprofen, 12.8mg codeine.
So for obvious reasons I decided to do a very simple cwe as this much ibuprofen is not good at all.
I crushed up 20 N+ and added to about 150ml of cold-ish water ( I think a bit too much)
Let it do its thing for 20 minutes at which point it was still very milky white looking.
I filtered this through a damp cloth and got a fair bit of solid out of it but it still looked pretty much the same as before I filtered.

I was wondering if this is down to fillers in the tablet or if this was ibuprofen. I drank the mixture regardless, which was not very pleasant, but I don't feel the effects as strongly as when I had 12 tablets yesterday. Both ingested on near empty stomach.
Has anyone else had experience with CWE and Nurofen Plus, what method, how did it turn out?
If there are any other simple methods, preferably that don't involve cooling please share. I don't really have access to do it in the house, hence why I didn't use hot water and cool the mixture.
Thanks all!

Dont get the nurofen go loyds chemist they sell own brand same thing 6 quid for 32

Look, this is the opposite of HR (and I strongly advise that NO ONE do what I did, because I just got fucking lucky I didn't die).

You'll have a lot less luck doing CWE with neurofen plus than with panadol plus codeine. That is the main pills that people do CWE with.

Like an idiot, for probably cumulatively 3 years total (off and on between 14-17, break, then 19-22, only using very heavily again for maybe total 3 years of that), I just ate the pills out of the packet. 3 packets at a time.

Yes, I know there is a ceiling effect for codeine. All I know is it made me very, very affected.

I ended up needing maintenance therapy multiple times because I couldn't get off the codeine, and the 18,000mg ibuprofen a day I was slamming down my throat by some miracle of God didn't shred my stomach or fuck my liver and kidney.

I actually had no long term damage at all from the ibuprofen, which I am both grateful for, and amazed about. I have no desire to push that risk any further.

If you are going to do this, make sure you do it *properly* - find a proper recipe, with good steps, and make sure you use the right equipment.

If you fuck it up, you can take it one time and have it mess up your internal organs at high doses.

Good luck. Stay safe.

Look, this is the opposite of HR (and I strongly advise that NO ONE do what I did, because I just got fucking lucky I didn't die).

You'll have a lot less luck doing CWE with neurofen plus than with panadol plus codeine. That is the main pills that people do CWE with.

Like an idiot, for probably cumulatively 3 years total (off and on between 14-17, break, then 19-22, only using very heavily again for maybe total 3 years of that), I just ate the pills out of the packet. 3 packets at a time.

Yes, I know there is a ceiling effect for codeine. All I know is it made me very, very affected.

I ended up needing maintenance therapy multiple times because I couldn't get off the codeine, and the 18,000mg ibuprofen a day I was slamming down my throat by some miracle of God didn't shred my stomach or fuck my liver and kidney.

I actually had no long term damage at all from the ibuprofen, which I am both grateful for, and amazed about. I have no desire to push that risk any further.

If you are going to do this, make sure you do it *properly* - find a proper recipe, with good steps, and make sure you use the right equipment.

If you fuck it up, you can take it one time and have it mess up your internal organs at high doses.

Good luck. Stay safe.
Yeah, maybe I'll have to switch the product up, I don't know if I can find panadol, I know they do standard co-codamol so I guess that'll have to do if not.
A good friend of mine should be coming with pure codeine phosphate today hopefully, fingers crossed!
Anyways glad you come out okay

Good luck. Stay safe.
I was taking at least 32 Nurofen Plus a day for years, it screwed me up BIG time:
Dyspepsia
Hiatal Hernia
Schatzki Ring
Chronic Gastritis
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Severe Reflux Esophagitis (Grade 4)
And an ulcer that burst and I need to have blood transfusion because I was projectile vomiting pure blood.

Yeah, maybe I'll have to switch the product up, I don't know if I can find panadol, I know they do standard co-codamol so I guess that'll have to do if not.
A good friend of mine should be coming with pure codeine phosphate today hopefully, fingers crossed!
Anyways glad you come out okay
Buy Solpadeine Max OTC, you'll still need to get rid of the paracetamol but there's 12.8 mg of codeine in them instead of 8 mg with co-codamol.

Damn, I wish codeine would still work for me. Taking antipsychotics and antidepressants (probably due to CYP2D6 inhibition) really make it produce ~zero effects.

So I can see on Google there are 2 types of solpadeine max, we've got para+cod and then one that also contains caffeine, both called solpadeine max.
Is the most commonly found one without caffeine?

So I can see on Google there are 2 types of solpadeine max, we've got para+cod and then one that also contains caffeine, both called solpadeine max.
Is the most commonly found one without caffeine?
The tablets don't have any caffeine in them, the soluble ones do.

Yeah I picked up a pack after, performed a cwe, and read that the paracetamol is soluble in water hence 'sol'padeine so I panicked a bit, but after a quick look I realised that this was not the case. For those that do look at getting these though, make sure you don't get the soluble ones!

i use a full box of N+ 2 COFFE FILTERS dissolve in warm water then mix around 100-150ml water. once they dissolve pour the solution int the filters 20mins for the sludgy solution to seperate then im left with around 350-400mg of codine then i put the cup in the fridge for half hour any of the binders will sink and stick to the bottom of the cup then drink the solutions 20mins later you get a nice comfortable high ;) obviously not every day due to price and lac of pharmacys..paramol is a great choice also as dihydrocodine is much more potent around 2x more infact.

When I was doing large scale CWEs on Canadian Tylenol 1s (8mg codeine phosphate, 15mg caffeine, 325mg APAP) the procedure was this:
1. Grind 4 bottles of 200 = 800 pills = 1.6g codeine
2. Prepare about 2L of boiling water in a kettle. Pour 1L of it into a 2L beaker or flask, preferably equipped with some means of stirring it. I had magnetic stir bars and stirrer hotplates, but a wooden spoon would work fine.
3. With vigorous stirring, add the crushed pills to the water, so you don't get too many clumps.
4. Top up the hot water to bring the total volume to approx. 1600-1800mL. (*may not be necessary)
5. Stir for 5-10 mins.
6. While still hot, filter it using a vacuum Buchner funnel and a layer of Celite filter aid (diatomaceous earth). You can even add Celite generously to the hot T1 mix. It will bind onto the slimy, sludgy binder and allow the liquid to filter through easily. Now you have a solution of just APAP + codeine + caffeine.
7. Let it cool to 5°C or so. (Slower cooling is better because rapid cooling results in a precipitate of fine, powder-like crystals - leave it sit at room temperature, then move it to the fridge, then to the freezer.)
8. Take it out of the freezer and give it a vigorous stir. You should see large volumes of pure acetaminophen/paracetamol that have precipitated.
9. Filter this again, but this time you don't need any Celite, as the APAP should be granular enough not to clog the filter.
10. You now have a solution of (assuming a final volume of 1000mL) approx. 1.6 mg/mL codeine and 3.2mg/mL caffeine. Boil it down gently if you like. (Codeine phosphate is plenty stable in boiling water.)
11. (optional) You can remove the caffeine by extracting the solution with e.g. dichloromethane, chloroform, or ethyl acetate. Note that if you want to consume the solution you should bring the solution to a full boil afterwards to remove any remaining solvent left in the aqueous layer. Alternatively evaporate to dryness and use acetone to wash the solid.

This will also work if scaled down, or if you use pills without caffeine.

see also my guide on extracting codeine
and this chart
cCvn8.png

Note that clubcard pointed out an optimization: you can treat the ground up pills with acetone and remove most of the APAP and caffeine and leave the codeine and binders behind.

Last edited: