• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids codeine max dosage ?

andrek159206

Bluelighter
how much i can take per day ? little tolerance and on 420 mg right now, and whats de simtoms of super dosage ?

There is said to be a ceilling effect at about 500-600mg and after that dose the body doesn't metabolize it. Although i've seen exceptions at other users here, our world famous Pete, even myself sometimes. Don't exceed anyway that limit, you just maximize the side effects rather than the experience. If you need super dosages is better to move to something like dhc which is 2x strength of codeine.

I found a study stating that "One opioid analgesic that has not received much attention is codeine, which is often used in the belief that it is a weaker opioid, less likely to cause dependence and fatal overdose than morphine, for example. It is important to test this assumption, as more codeine is consumed in the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia than any other opioid" Roxburgh et al. (2015).

However, data about codeine overdoes have a lot of variables that researchers normally don't have to take into consideration when doing studies about opioid-overdose. Codeine pills is often combined with other drugs like Paracetamal, Ibuprofen and Acetylsalicylic Acid. Tablets often contain way more of these drugs than they do codeine. Thus, someone does some "washes" removing the codeine from the other compound. However, these washes are not exactly secure and you can quickly end up with too much of these drugs in your system experiencing a number of side effects from those like tinnitus.

These methods are not exactly secure to begin with, and as you need more codeine, the washes become more dangerous. Thus, I would not recommend doing these if you need the amount of codeine that you do now. I hope you have pure codeine tablets. Besides the combined codeine tablets we also have to codein syrup that is very popular in some cases.

When you start to get near the ceiling effect, you should stop. "Codeine is metabolized in the liver by glucuronidation to codeine-6-glucuronide, by O-demethylation to morphine via CYP2D6, and by N-demethylation to norcodeine via CYP3A, all active metabolites." (From here)

Show caution around the ceiling effect. There is no need to take drugs that you don't exactly know how your body reacts to. The many combined codeine products complicates things,

There is said to be a ceilling effect at about 500-600mg and after that dose the body doesn't metabolize it. Although i've seen exceptions at other users here, our world famous Pete, even myself sometimes. Don't exceed anyway that limit, you just maximize the side effects rather than the experience. If you need super dosages is better to move to something like dhc which is 2x strength of codeine.
odd, alot of sources i've read say the ceiling is 400mg and after that the liver can't process futher codeine into morphine, but maybe in tolerant users ?

I've read that 500-600, but when I took more than that it always felt like 500, i was saying that the ceilling was not really there, because sometimes I would dose twice day and I still felt it.

I've read the ceiling as 400 mgs too but as with any other substance, this probably changes from one individual to another.

I've read 400mg for the ceiling as well and in my experience that's about right but yeah it certainly does differ by individual. But in any case once you develop a tolerance it's hard to actually get anything at all off codeine because of the ceiling. I've also read that redosing codeine doesn't work, but this is not my experience. I've found redosing codeine to work just fine. It's less effective than the initial dose true. But it does keep working at least for me.

But yeah with the ceiling and the tolerance buildup opiates give you, unless you are an ultra-rapid metaboliser it won't take long until codeine becomes pretty much useless so I'd keep use casual instead of taking big doses and ruining the drug for yourself. Because at that point even after a tolerance break, your old tolerance comes back really quick. And the last thing you want is to have to climb the opiate ladder. So if you enjoy codeine just take moderate doses casually.