• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine making me anxious like I took to much stims

AmysteriousmAn

Greenlighter
Legit pure codeine

I don't know what I'm doing wrong I'm thinking setting etc might be a big part maybe som1 cud give me the rundown on getting the most out of codeine and not getting anxiety

what are you worried about exactly?
could you explain it and then maybe someone could help you out?
why doyou think you're so anxious out of the blue? ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

I don't find codeine gives me anxiety but it does put me in some bad mood swings from time to time - like I have a really short fuse and no patience.

yeah opiates do that to some poeple, not me personally but ive heard other ppl on BL talk about it.
so weird aha (no offence tho) cause it just calms me downt, zen and the art of nodding out aaha ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Codeine makes me suuuuuper itchy. Much more so than all other opiates. That extreme itchiness can cause a bit of anxiousness maybe?

9 times out of ten I get anxiety the other times I get a nice body high with PLEASENT itchies hit n mostly miss like their is more to it like setting etc

That's normal. For me I like the itchiness, and sometimes I get a shortfuse as well. Like the smallest things make me lose it.

Codeine causes my heart to race. No one's going to be able to help you it's just not the drug for you.

I'm not sure if codeine can do that, never heard of it happening, but maybe it's a rare reaction? I know promethazine can do that though, and it often comes together with codeine in the bottle. Check the bottle to see if it contained promethazine

I can't use codine 4that reason I also get chestpains. BBut I have no problem with most other opiates, opiom sometimes makes me anxious if I smoke to much.

Folks have all kinds of different reactions to various drugs. They are what you might call statistical outliers as the vast majority of the population is going to have a fairly text-book reaction to most commonly used drugs. Literally anything is possible, ranging from euphoria and fun to outright death by anaphylaxis due to innate sensitivity.

An anecdote: My mother has received Opioid painkillers maybe 3-4 times in her life, with 75% of those experiences following the birth of myself and my siblings. She received a dose of Morphine after I was born, a standard dose and it caused intense dysphoria, fear and itching that was so bad that she removed a lot of the skin from her face and was left with severe irritation. She doesn't understand how anybody could enjoy Opioids, but it's different strokes for different folks. My mother would be one of those statistical outliers I mentioned.

Now, a lot of people have been ingrained with a large amount of fear regarding Opioids. We encounter people on the forum who are afraid of dying by respiratory depression after taking a 7.5mg Hydrocodone (Vicodin). This is more of a psychosomatic issue, but we do encounter it.

OP, do you have any "hidden" reservations regarding Opioids that could be causing this anxiety or do you feel that it's directly a result of taking the Codeine?

Folks have all kinds of different reactions to various drugs. They are what you might call statistical outliers as the vast majority of the population is going to have a fairly text-book reaction to most commonly used drugs. Literally anything is possible, ranging from euphoria and fun to outright death by anaphylaxis due to innate sensitivity.

An anecdote: My mother has received Opioid painkillers maybe 3-4 times in her life, with 75% of those experiences following the birth of myself and my siblings. She received a dose of Morphine after I was born, a standard dose and it caused intense dysphoria, fear and itching that was so bad that she removed a lot of the skin from her face and was left with severe irritation. She doesn't understand how anybody could enjoy Opioids, but it's different strokes for different folks. My mother would be one of those statistical outliers I mentioned.

Now, a lot of people have been ingrained with a large amount of fear regarding Opioids. We encounter people on the forum who are afraid of dying by respiratory depression after taking a 7.5mg Hydrocodone (Vicodin). This is more of a psychosomatic issue, but we do encounter it.

OP, do you have any "hidden" reservations regarding Opioids that could be causing this anxiety or do you feel that it's directly a result of taking the Codeine?

Wow great replies I'm not sure what you mean by hidden reservations I just find it hard to relax and settle down when I should a lot of times no no promthezine sometimes I use nytol but trying not to now as I have heard it can have serious long term side effects plus I want to get itchy I like it but I also like the effects of nytol(with codeine) but I have defo gotten full anesthesia with zero I mean zero side effects it was great when I first used it now I don't know its defo not tolerance that much I can be sure about perhaps som1 else with similar effects to me I'm gonna try again tonight I have dhc to but again its not reliable

So in that case, would you mind giving us a more complete description of your symptoms? I understand that you're experiencing anxiety, but it would be helpful to know what it feels like for you, in your own words. Are there physical symptoms? When do the negative side-effects start? Is it every time you use Codeine that you experience this anxiety? Do you use other Opioids; how frequently and do you experience similar side-effects from them?

Just break it down for us and we'll probably be able to give you some help. The more information we get, the more likely we will be able to figure out what's wrong.

Ok had a sore throat. From swallowing raw tobbaccoo (don't ask) been out for a few walks enjoying brisk weather waited all day had pizza cranberry. Juice mixed with sparkling water and lots of tea I filtered some dissolved codeine roughly 100-300 mg before this I had 10 nurofen plus and 4 paramol tablets keep in mind I have a sore cold throat but it has improved and now I feel pretty good I'll talk more about my trip later.

I came to the conclusion my body simply won't turn on the opiate centres of my brain when I overindulge where others would continue getting high regardless I've had my faire share of drugs from stims to 2cb I haven't done everything but have done a lot I'm also high so might not be making as much sense as I could hopefully we will get to the bottom of this

Opiates gave me my first panic attack. I guess in some people it induces anxiety, I noticed this sometimes when taking different opiates. It's nothing to worry about.

you filtered the codeine right? was there any chance that there was also caffeine in the pill? every time i get a prescription for tylenol 3's, or generic low dose codeine over the counter, i get anxious and shake, even when i do cold water extraction.

How much?
If too much ( also 90mg can be too much), it can be from the body load ( histamine release with itch, and possible nausea ).

How much?
If too much ( also 90mg can be too much), it can be from the body load ( histamine release with itch, and possible nausea ).

Excellent point that I feel we may have glossed over too quickly. Codeine and Morphine both cause a lot of side effects related to histamine release and if you're more sensitive to histamine in the first place, it could provoke a negative reaction.