• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine low dose

ladycodeine

Greenlighter
My body converts codeine to morphine very efficiently therefor I get high on as little as 30mg

I was originally prescribed tramadol but after getting some nasty side effects like feeling dizzy, I have been changed over to plain codeine (not cocodimol junk) I have been given 15mg tablets

given that I get high on lower doses, what would the ideal dose be for someone who doesn't take a lot of these pills? I enjoy the euphoric high of codeine but wouldn't want be unable to function socially.

try 60mg. Personally my sweet spot is 210mg so I'm sure you'll be fine, after all 60mg is literally a normal dose what is usually taken every 4 hours.

I'll leave this open for now, but the best you'll ever get from a question like this is a potentially dangerous broad frame of reference. As you've alluded to already in your original post, Codeine is a drug heavily mediated by the individual metabolism of the user in question. The end amount of available Morphine in the body is going to vary wildly from person to person, not to mention the angle of subjective experience, meaning one person might consider one dose light, while someone with different sensibilities might experience the exact same dose as being heavily sedated and out of control.

I'll leave it open for now, but don't expect a concrete answer. Also, don't get greedy. If 30mg of Codeine is working well for you, don't escalate the dosage. It could be the first dose escalation of many.