• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids codeine - is it a good idea to redose?

BluLait

Bluelighter
So. I got about 200-240mg of codeine going through the last phase of the filtering process after I did a CWE.

This is the third time I filter the solution, I put two coffee filters and a lot of cotton wool in the funnel. The water is still milky/cloudy, but I'm sure I got rid of most of the ibuprofen.

19 nurofen plus pills, 200mg ibuprofen, 12.8mg codeine.

3,8 grams of ibuprofen. Probably around 500mg or less left in the water.

But enough about that.

What I want to know is: Is it a good idea to redose on codeine?

Like, I don't wanna take the whole 220mg of codeine at once, I might die or something?

So I'm thinking of drinking half the glass now and half after 1 hour or so when the first dose comes into play, so I don't overdo it. Will the second dose have any effect? I read somewhere that if you redose with codeine, the second dose won't really work that well because it won't metabolize or whatever.

I'm also worried about that ibuprofen, because the water is cloudy... But the gunk I removed was a LOT.
And I did filter the water 3 times, using 2 coffee filters and a lot of cotton wool each time. Also a t-shirt at first so I got the gunk in there.

What should I do?

um... u sure your liquid is cold man...

cause if it's still milky that means ALL THE IBUPROFEN or a lot of it is still in there.

At the end of a cwe, your water should be a bit murky at most, like some salt water, but you should definetely be able to see through it... If it's almost looks likemilk thats a very bad sign.

I've done many CWE's before.

Trust me, i've filtered the fuck out of the stuff with all the shit I found in my house....

It's cold, I put it in the fridge, whole 9 yards. No matter how much I filter this, no matter through how many kleenex tissues, normal tissues, coffee filters, cotton wool, it's still this fucking murky colour.

It's cloudy. I can see through it, but only barely.

Here's two pics I just took:

imag0140ne.jpg
imag0139j.jpg

Looks like something else is passing through the filter with the codeine. What are the actual ingredients for this formulation of pain killer? What does the packet say?

It's NUROFEN PLUS brand, made in the UK.

It's got a whole lot of binders, stuff like microcrystalline celulose & other shit. I can't find the paper with all the non-active binders/fillers. But I'm sure you can find it online.

I found the paper with the info, it's in romanian but it's something like: Talcum powder, Opaspray M-1-7111B, hidroxipropilmeticelulose, titanium.... lol

& corn thing

I just drank half of it and I'm feeling pretty weird. Kind of anxious. I don't know why.

Heh, 'hidroxipropilmeticelulose' seems to be most commonly used for artificial tears. You'll probably be fine but it'd be worth looking up what all that shit is.

The question of this thread was:

So I'm thinking of drinking half the glass now and half after 1 hour or so when the first dose comes into play, so I don't overdo it. Will the second dose have any effect? I read somewhere that if you redose with codeine, the second dose won't really work that well because it won't metabolize or whatever.

Does anybody know the answer?

Heh, 'hidroxipropilmeticelulose' seems to be most commonly used for artificial tears. You'll probably be fine but it'd be worth looking up what all that shit is.

I'm guessing since it's a very well known brand throughout the world, that they wouldn't put dangerous non-active binders in it. That shit is just to hold the pill together.

BUT MAYBE, some of those binders actually make the ibuprofen more water soluble?

I just found this online:

The other ingredients in NUROFEN PLUS are:
• microcrystalline cellulose
• sodium starch glycollate
• hypromellose
• pregelatinised maize starch
• talc
• Opaspray white colouring - Maybe this is the culprit?
Nurofen Plus tablets are gluten-free and lactosefree.

I just took another sip of the mixture. It tastes a bit of ibuprofen, probably a bit remains undisolved.

I'm just worried about the ibuprofen fucking giving me ulcer or something like that :(

I never found redosing on codeine to be worth it. I'd get way more out of doing it all at once (albeit, not more than 350mg or so, as more never sat well with me and I believe 400+ is dangerous) or taking half then and saving the rest for another day.

Neurofen plus contains titanium dioxide which is a whitening agent and I can 100% guarrantee this is what is causing your solution to be "milky".

Also redosing codeine is pointless.

I have only ever done cwe's with pararcetamol / codeine co-codamols before and the water is a murky milky colour, your pics didnt work for me so I couldn't check out yours. It is probably as said up there, whitening agent but at least with paracetamol it was always a little milky but murky described it more. Anyway I never got a sore stomach from them and anything over 500mg's of paracetamol has given me a sore stomach fro my whole life so I think it filtered properly.

I drank it all over the course of 1 hour. Fucking nice relaxing buzz. I then nodded off to sleep. Seems there wasn't much ibuprofen in there after all, It has a distinct taste, and the sollution tasted almost fully bitter cuz of the codeine, couldn't taste much of the ibuprofen.

Man 220mg of codeine cannot kill you unless you are allergic..or 80lbs soaking wet.

I drink 4oz.'s of Codeine/promethazine syrup(240mgCodeine) in about a 5 minute time span...with extremely low tolerance i would say and it takes AT LEAST that much for a decent lean

I've never actually done a CWE though(never had codeine in pill form since like 6th grade for getting teeth pulled) so yea be sure that is codeine not apap

220mg got me a nice weird buzz. Didn't feel like it was enough though. My breathing was very shallow and at times I realised I had forgotten to breathe for a lil' while.

How much more should I do and still be safe?

300mg is about right for most people. Anywhere over 400mg and you're getting into daaaangerous territory. If you don't get enough out of 300 or 350mg of codeine, then frankly you should look for another opioid. You can also potentiate with diphen/benadryl and tagamet to get more buzz for your mg.

erowid's codeine vault has lots of good info on dosing... such as codeine faq

300mg is about right for most people. Anywhere over 400mg and you're getting into daaaangerous territory. If you don't get enough out of 300 or 350mg of codeine, then frankly you should look for another opioid. You can also potentiate with diphen/benadryl and tagamet to get more buzz for your mg.

erowid's codeine vault has lots of good info on dosing... such as codeine faq
Good advice. Although it has been found that using Diphenhydramine lessens the effects of the Codeine. Cimetidine (Tagamet) has a much better chance at potentiatiating your Codeine ;)

PS - Sorry about the late reply on this old thread.. I just typed in Codeine redosing in the search function and this came up.. Thought I may get more joy here rather than starting a new thread??

Thanks for any help