• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine HR/Potentiation

NUKESHOCK

Greenlighter
Hi So Ive been here way back when you could find this site on a simple google search.
IM an addict, and in a country where this is badly frowned on. I have ADHD diagnosed since i was a child and have been prescribed Ritalin ( Methylphenidate )
About 5 Years ago since my country has a compulsory National service I got a bad leg fracture, and at the time Tramadol was never even on any list even ilicit script dealers in our red light district never knew about it potential to be abused neither did the doctors that prescribed it to me and only after a month of using it I began to abuse it majorly from 50mg 3 times a a day I was taking 300Mg almost every 3 hours to get an intense euphoria. After a while it started to not be effective and I informed my doctor without telling him about my recreational use of it and gave me 30mg codeine phosphate pills. And for my country for a doctor to give you this a script its has to be major as since i was dosing tramadol so much i never felt the pain in my leg did my usual jog and rugby that my scans showed the bone fused wrongly and its a lifetime pain I will have to deal with.

Now to 2019 its been about a year that they stopped prescribing me any kind of pain medication and Ive been buying codeine phosphate pills 60mg from these red light street peddlers.
My first purchase I spent like $400 USD worth of it to last a month of daily 240mg use. And it turned out to fakes. But still looking I found another peddler who wold them for a more expensive price. BUT
This was the real deal, I just want to avoid any other people who buy Codeine pills online not to get the fake ones.
How I could tell was that the printing on the slabs of pills were all consistent and that each pill had a big C one one side and a smaller CS ( C and S slightly separate )
When I compared them to the fakes it was easy to see how it could fool anyone, the printing on theirs would would sometimes be too bold and the C's or CS's imprint would have dents some of them didnt even bother and never marked the pills.
This is part of the harm reduction. Another is that now Ive reached the point of still having 240mg a day I dose at night when the day is over and my leg pains peak the most and honestly it has become the thing I look forward. just half a year a go I was sent to the hospital for ODing on codeine I was unaware of the the redosing and ceiling. I had a shitty day I took 300Mg after an hour it was fading took another 420mg before I knew it I was on being pushed on a hospital gurney.
I know about the how a certain amount of our population is unable to metabolise codeine well, and it spooks me as Im Half colombian and half chinese. And sometimes 200MG ican get me nice happy and fuzzy for 2 -3 hours and 420mg even after waiting a week or 24hrs from the previous dose would get me 30mins of good euphoria with no fuzzy feelings and its gone.
Ive tried everything plugging, IV, sublingual, snorting. IVing, snorting, sublingual basically anything that doesn't involve it going to your stomach is USELESS it HAS to go to the LIVER, And once you dose DONT BOTHER REDOSING for atleast 24 Hours and even then you might not feel the same effects you felt the first time around. Your liver needs TIME to refuel the enzymes it uses to break codeine into morphine and for the grapefruit potentiation yes it will make the high stronger BUT IT WILL MAKE IT SHORTER. It increases the enzyme used to make it into morphine but also increase the enzyme used to destroy the morphine. And using antihistamines is the same thing and I know some like that itchy feeling it gives, antihistamines will just make the high strong but wont last and no fuzzy feeling and it masks this by making you drowsy which is BAD because if you took a large dose and an antihistamine you could fall asleep before even feeling that euphoria and OD in your sleep.

To the Moderators if we could keep this thread open for replies id like to be able to discuss with anyone about potentiation harm reduction and experiences. So that anyone reading will know fully as from all the opiate threads i see are for Dihydrocodeine or stronger opiates.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your leg , first of all please refrain from using prices as they are not allowed, neither asking where to buy legit ones (doesn't matter if the drug is legal or not, only things for HR may be sourced for example micron filters). And about whetever the imprint is legit or not we can't know, it can be aaanything in them so only a lab test would tell you.

Now the hr part which you are asking about, take the codeine only orally don't IV, it's very dangerous to IV it that's why they don't do it even in medical settings .

Injectable codeine is available for subcutaneous or intramuscular injection only; intravenous injection is contraindicated as this can result in non-immune mast-cell degranulation and resulting anaphylactoid reaction. Codeine suppositories are also marketed in some countries.

But even in the IM or SC case medical grade vials are used not pills or more so pressed street pills.

If you want an antihistamine which has less sedating effects and doesn't gets in the way of your pain killing/ good feeling I would recommend loratidine. It is a seccond generation one, you can find it under the generic name or there is a specific brand called Claritin, but buying it as a generic may be cheaper depends what the pharmacies around you hold.

It's true that the metabolization of the substance through cyp2d6 has a link to race, it is said that asians metabolize the least, whites an average amount and blacks metabolize it the most.

If you got other curiosities let me know, have a nice day!

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your leg , first of all please refrain from using prices as they are not allowed, neither asking where to buy legit ones (doesn't matter if the drug is legal or not, only things for HR may be sourced for example micron filters). And about whetever the imprint is legit or not we can't know, it can be aaanything in them so only a lab test would tell you.

Now the hr part which you are asking about, take the codeine only orally don't IV, it's very dangerous to IV it that's why they don't do it even in medical settings .

But even in the IM or SC case medical grade vials are used not pills or more so pressed street pills.

If you want an antihistamine which has less sedating effects and doesn't gets in the way of your pain killing/ good feeling I would recommend loratidine. It is a seccond generation one, you can find it under the generic name or there is a specific brand called Claritin, but buying it as a generic may be cheaper depends what the pharmacies around you hold.

It's true that the metabolization of the substance through cyp2d6 has a link to race, it is said that asians metabolize the least, whites an average amount and blacks metabolize it the most.

If you got other curiosities let me know, have a nice day!

Thank you so much for the reply ! Duly noted on the prices and legitimacy of said substances. Im not familiar with with the rules, Im more into now trying to figure out from peoples experiences how I can taper and prevent people from going down the same road that Ive been through, and thank you for the recommendation for Claritin, my main goal is to sort of trick my body into thinking im taking xxMG when im actually taking less so I dont suffer from the physical withdrawal when it totally cut it off !
And I hope you have a great day !

What kind of antihistamines are being used? The newer ones may help with itching but it is mainly the first-generation ones which potentiate codeine, some are metabolic agents as well, many of which will help, one or two perhaps not . . .

What kind of antihistamines are being used? ..it is mainly the first-generation ones which potentiate codeine,

Actually the first generation AH's inhibit CYP 2D6 which is what demethylates the morphine . Even Promethazine which is what makes me chuckle at "Lean".

Inhibitory effects of H1-antihistamines on CYP2D6
Cyclizine, promethazine, chlorpheniramine,and diphenhydramine All of the H1-antihistamines studied inhibited CYP2D6 markedly, Promethazine and chlorpheniramine inhibited CYP2D6 at concentrations that are very close to their therapeutic plasma concentrations.

An incomplete list of more inhibitors:

@NUKESHOCK
Here's the Codeine Megathread for more reading while awaiting replies: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/codeine-megathread-v-whats-your-cyp2d6-genotype.863720/

How about ethylenediamines like pyrilamine and tripelennamine and the cyproheptadine-phenindamine group?

Tripelennamine is on there too but I don't consider it detracting even with the 2D6 inhibition, as it's SNDRI effect outweighs it imo. I'm not concerned with digging into the more obscure ones, just the most common that people come across.

Using enzymatic inhibitors like this will not only not fix your problem, it will lead you needing to acquire the inhibitors just to get to the same level of previous normal. I suspect, that in the unlikely event that you find one that makes an honest difference in the potency of your Codeine, this benefit will last about a week. Then you will be back to normal. If you're seeing street peddlers and such, why not buy a stronger Opioid like Heroin?

Using enzymatic inhibitors like this will not only not fix your problem, it will lead you needing to acquire the inhibitors just to get to the same level of previous normal.
The above CYP2D6 inhibitors make codeine work far less effectively , not potentiate them. I kinda flipped the point of this thread and should avoid that. I do mostly agree on trying to use inducers/ inhibitors to fix all one's problems with tolerance or potentiation. It runs it's course very quickly.. Getting another couple hours out of one's Amphs with a carbonate or a bit more from Oxy with grapefruit juice is more of a novelty than a worthwhile regular practice..

I keep hearing that tripelennamine and phenyltoloxamine have both disappeared from the United States, even veterinary compounders are trying to find the fomer and in other countries you can only get it in vaginal itch cream. . . Christ on a crutch -- I'm glad I have a kilo jar of it on top of the extra refrigerator downstairs. That's rough, and there is really no substitute as far as I am concerned.

Pelamine (tripelennamine)
Every dose time you floor me
Big and blue
Powder too
You jack up the pleasure to 40
Ethylenediamine of Djerassi's dream
It's good for just whatever
P B Zed
Not yet dead
Grace the counters for ever

Last edited:
Hey so my situation got about out of hand I had dosed and decided to go clean and flushed my whole stash. Having being on it everyday for almost a little over 2months at 240-300mg daily.
The first 36hours where fine I didn't get any withdrawal effect just that I wanted to enjoy it recreational use and stop the pain in my back I've been using Diclofenc and panadol to stop the withdrawal but I'm getting fever like symptoms I'm all achy, I get cold really easy and where I live it's considered the most humid and warm place in the world I have to wear a winter jacket in my room with no fan and air-conditioning to feel warm. I'm so achy I can barely take a shower. This was on the 24th june and now it's the 29th June and I'm still having the withdrawal effects but I really refuse to go and buy some. Is this kind of withdrawal lethal like benzos ?
I don't know if it helps but I've been taking Ritalin / methylphenidate intranasally it seems to distract me from the pain, I use my old G-Shock as a timer between each ritalin dosed intranasally (10mg) and I had 0.5mg of prescribed Xanax a but like 4 500mg panadol, 50mg Diclofenc, chloramine and cetrizine two kinds of AH ( Antihistamines ) which seems to be making my Xanax stronger and stopping the tweaking from snorting the ritalin.
Thing is codeine is a serotonin uptake inhibitor but ritalin increase dopamine levels, I see them as serotonin the happy blissful neurochem and dopamine to be the "I feel great and awake I want to do anything"
My country has no program for addicts going through withdrawal and insurance won't cover anything drug related and finances are tight.

If anyone can help me please, it's been 5 days and it's literally hell also to not I've only gotten my xanax and ritalin script on today thus having to use the G-Shock to time my doses

N
What country Christ? Do they still sell Counter codes? Promethazine or Hydrox for potentiation, Liver loves it.

Not here codeine is very strict here even tramadol unless like I my major injury they'd give you tramadol then go on to codeine and it will only be for a week's supply and ask you to come back to see the doctor again and see if he still will prescribe
Here if your caught with codeine or tramadol without a script you'll be handled by this country's dedicated narcotics bureau and will be sent to court and sentenced.
Also why I don't want to go back to illicit ones being sold the risk is too high

I saw this on a website, it's like I'm going through both early and later withdrawal
Early being the runny nose, muscle aches and later being bad chills, diarrhea, enlarged pupils, loss of appetite.

Early symptoms of withdrawal may include:
  • feeling irritable or anxious
  • trouble sleeping
  • teary eyes
  • runny nose
  • sweating
  • yawning
  • muscle aches
  • faster heartbeat
Later symptoms may include:
  • loss of appetite
  • nausea and vomiting
  • stomach cramps
  • diarrhea
  • enlarged pupils
  • chills or goosebumps
Maybe I'm in the middle now I just hope to anything this stops soon

using it I began to abuse it majorly from 50mg 3 times a a day I was taking 300Mg almost every 3 hours to get an intense euphoria. After a while it started to

We all know what you meant, of course . . . but I just got this picture in my head of 300Mg almost every 3 hours -- in the système international d'unités (metric) unit of mass Mg is the megagramme, a million grammes which is a metric ton (1000 kg) and the logistics of getting 2400 metric tons of tramadol down one's gullet or up one's arm (300 milligrams q3h or 2400 per 24 hours is still a lot of it -- what are people's opinions on whether the tolerance to tramadol is across the board or if the μ opioid effects and serotonin system effects are differential)

How did it turn out for you, OP?

Last edited: