• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Codeine high vs Oxycodone high

jaxs0

Bluelighter
Wondering if the high from both are similar, or different, for somone who has has zero tolerance.

Last edited:
different. very different . although oxy is much stronger it is kind of stimulating too, oxy doesn't have such a histamine release like codeine. if you got no tolerance, just start with codeine but if you chose oxy don't go over maximum 15 mg, with codeine I would recommend max 120 mg

Like night and day for me . Codeine does nothing but make me itch and my tolerance has been high for years so i couldn't possibly take enough to get high but not puke and itch
Oxy is heaven, dangers though because it was to good . I found it a nice awake type buzz

I would say to give codeine a try instead, maybe you are one of those persons that can metabolize it well, even if you are not, you can try oxy after that so you haven't lost nothing . why start with a motorcycle when a bycicle could be just fine?

Codeine is less sedating for me, both make me itch. But depending on tolerance and dose, they can both be considered potent sedatives.

Oxycodone feels similar to hydrocodone, with a little more "speed" at lower doses.

At higher doses it begins to feel more sedative similar to morphine.

You’ll need a lot more codeine to get to the same place. Also oxy tends to make me and others sort of “irritable” and I never noticed that with codeine, although it was always just shots of cough syrup, and usually not getting super faded.

A little of topic but H can make itch like F in the beginning till you use to it, so I think all opiates/opiods make you itch regardless or this has been my exp

If you are new to both, Codeine is the safer and better starter opiate of the two. Histame release tends to be a very individual response, as does the metabolic rate into morphine. Can be a lovely mellow buzz if it agrees with your biology. Oxy can be worlds apart, yet still a close cousin of codeine!! More motivating a high than sedating I find. Wonderful relaxation also and very anxiolytic!!

This is only my personal comparison but close enough I think:

100mg Codeine = 20mg Oxycodone.

Both feel completely different imo. I'd advise caution if your gonna take Oxy as its far stronger than Codeine.

Take evo’s Advice I forgot to say that clearly enough^

Don’t fall into the trap of “I am used to opiates/Opioids now I have taken codeine, as he said far different especially in potency!!

You’ll need a lot more codeine to get to the same place. Also oxy tends to make me and others sort of “irritable” and I never noticed that with codeine, although it was always just shots of cough syrup, and usually not getting super faded.
after all this time i've always found myself more irritable after a dose of oxy but never gave it any thought. i suppose this might be due to the stimulating properties of oxy making us edgy at times