• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine- Help with doses!

Anon1990

Greenlighter
I take 135mg 3 times a day, so 405mg a day total. Would I be better just taking 200mg-ish twice a day? Or rather, would I be safe to do that? Is there any increased risk of respitory depression/other side effects if I take a higher dose even though it equals to the same daily dose?

I don't think there is any added danger from the increased dosage but I would prefer 3 doses of codeine rather than 2 but that's just my personal preference and knowing how long the drugs effects last. one in the morning and one before bed might suit you.

I don't think there is any added danger from the increased dosage but I would prefer 3 doses of codeine rather than 2 but that's just my personal preference and knowing how long the drugs effects last. one in the morning and one before bed might suit you.

Thanks for your advice!
It's just the 135mg is already starting to lose effect, but don't want to increase my dose again, so thought about consolidating! Might try it tomorrow & see how it goes.

I have always preferred multiple smaller doses of opioids than less larger doses. I like the peak feeling/highest serum concentration/rush that comes with a fresh dose. If you are already tolerant of the total daily amount you are taking than dividing it into 2 doses rather than 3 should be no problem at all, that is provided you are not mixing with alcohol/benzos, etc. Also, the respiratory depressive effects of codeine are slightly less than that of morphine, heroin, fentanyl, etc.

I find that rather than ever increasing doses for the same effect, try tapering for a few days than go back to the dose you were taking. If you can get down to 75 to 90mg 3x daily and then increase back to the 400mg/day dosing you were taking; this is more desirable than creeping up to 500mg or 600mg to get the same effects. Your pockets will thanks you and your body will thank you by consuming less total medication. And the higher the daily usage the more difficult it is to get stop should you choose to.

I have always preferred multiple smaller doses of opioids than less larger doses. I like the peak feeling/highest serum concentration/rush that comes with a fresh dose. If you are already tolerant of the total daily amount you are taking than dividing it into 2 doses rather than 3 should be no problem at all, that is provided you are not mixing with alcohol/benzos, etc. Also, the respiratory depressive effects of codeine are slightly less than that of morphine, heroin, fentanyl, etc.

I find that rather than ever increasing doses for the same effect, try tapering for a few days than go back to the dose you were taking. If you can get down to 75 to 90mg 3x daily and then increase back to the 400mg/day dosing you were taking; this is more desirable than creeping up to 500mg or 600mg to get the same effects. Your pockets will thanks you and your body will thank you by consuming less total medication. And the higher the daily usage the more difficult it is to get stop should you choose to.

ThankYou! I will try tapering for a few days, I actually want to stop all together soon, just need to find the motivation!