• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Codeine-guaifenesin

Billard

Bluelighter
Howdy. I came across some Codeine-guaifenesin. Usually when I get it, it's just codeine, but it has that guaifenesin in it this time. Anybody have experience with this combo? Will guaifenesin add or take away from the codeine? Should I be careful? Thanks in advance.

Guaifenesin makes me puke my brains out above 800mg, at least in syrup formulation.

Guaifenesin won't detract from the high, it has GABAergic properties itself in high dose, however you'll probably get sick well before you feel any effects from it. There is no simple or easy way to extract the codeine in this mixture.

The therapeutic index of Guaifenesin is up to 2.4g (2400mg).

What are your syrup/pills dosed as?

It's clear syrup dosed at 10/100 per 5ml. I was trying to do some research and I did find out what the guaifenesin is, but tbh I never had it, not even when sick, that I can recall. Damn. I hope I don't get sick or puke. That's the last thing I want as codeine already does that to me sometimes by itself. Maybe i'll just sip a spoon or two and see how I feel. Thanks for the reply

This is the only syrup combo I could ever come across and after knowing it well because dxm sometimes has the ingredient, I knew I would be fine to drink the 4floz bottle(I have a tolerance, if you don't then do not pound the whole thing) ...makes my stomach rumble and then the inevitable but no puking for me.

I have some syrup sold OTC which has 1 mg codeine and 20 mg guaifenesin per mL. Usually I would take 100 mg codeine to feel something, so that syrup would give you 2 grams of guaifenesin ...