• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine & Etizolam.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi, so basically I have a large tolerance to Codeine and Etizolam, 400mg & 10mg respectively will do me just nicely.

Now, as I'm fully aware mixing two drugs which both work as CNS depressants is risky business. That being said, with Codeine beaing a weak Opiate and Etizolams short acting effects I was wondering what would be a "safe" mixture of the two?

I had tried 210mg Codeine and 1mg Etizolam before and didn't really notice any profoundly different effects, maybe a little more sleepy but I have been working like a dog all week so maybe that had some effect.

Any information or past experiences would be great. This is something I do NOT take lightly and if I'm putting myself into too greater of a danger then I'd rather stay away.

Cheers in advance.

Hi, so basically I have a large tolerance to Codeine and Etizolam, 400mg & 10mg respectively will do me just nicely.

Now, as I'm fully aware mixing two drugs which both work as CNS depressants is risky business. That being said, with Codeine beaing a weak Opiate and Etizolams short acting effects I was wondering what would be a "safe" mixture of the two?

I had tried 210mg Codeine and 1mg Etizolam before and didn't really notice any profoundly different effects, maybe a little more sleepy but I have been working like a dog all week so maybe that had some effect.

I don't know if I misunderstand your post or if you have made a mistake. First you say that 400mg codeine and 10mg Etizolam works fine for you. Then you continue and say that 210 mg codeine and 1 mg Etizolam didn't result in any noticeable effects despite making you more sleepy. How can a smaller dosage make you more sleepy and what effects did you think you would achieve by lowering your dose?

As you state yourself, mixing two CNS depressants is always risky. Especially if you do not have tolerance to either one of the drugs and it becomes even more dangerous if you have no tolerance to any of the two.

However, as you build a tolerance your body can handle more, but it is still very dangerous. Codeine might be a weak opiate, but 10 mg Etizolam is quite a dose, so I figure you have quite a tolerance. Otherwise it would be extremely dangerous to a benzo naive person to take that much Etizolam. I wouldn't advise that you raise the dose of Etizolam above 10 mg. And if you should decide to take a stronger opiat or opioid, make sure the lower the dose of Etizolam significantly or in the best case leave Etizolam out altogether until you get a better feel for the new opiat.

Some opioids are having stronger CNS depressant qualities than others. One should always consider this as well.

With time, I have gotten used to taking 60 mg methadone combined with 6 mg clonazepam and 10 mg diazepam, even though methadone is one of the opioids with strong CNS depressant qualities. However, it took me several months from when I first started methadone before I dared take anything but the absolutely minimum dose of benzo's I need (I get benzo's for treatment of epilepsi, so quitting benzo's altogether wasn't an option more me as mono treatment of my epilepsy isn't enough, I have to get benzo's as well at least currently to stay seizure from. In the beginning of my methadone and benzo combination I was monitored closely by me doctor with regards to bloody pressure and more, the first nights I even slept at a hospital where nurses checked on my regularly. I was admitted already though, so I was not hospitalized with the sole reason being the combination of methadone and benzo's. None the less, I was glad that I was monitored in the first days, as I wasn't happy with the combination of methadone (which I was new to, replacing some mg's of oxycodone) and benzo's. And as I had to lower my dosage of benzo's I was afraid I might suffer an epileptic seizure. So I was anxious and very glad that I could spend the first period of time in the hospital. Now I sometime supplement my daily dosage of methadone and clonazepam and diazepam with Etizolam, as I really like the effect of Etizolam. So your body get used to it, but none the less it will always be very dangerous and not something you should take lightly. That my doctors and anesthesiologist wanted to monitor me at the hospital is clear evidence of the dangers connected to the combination.

Another time, I broke my shoulder as well as dislocating it. It was extremely painful so I got a lot of iv fentanyl and ketamine for the pain and a high dose of benzodiazepine and muscle relaxants when they tried to put my shoulder back in place, this was done under the supervision of an anesthesiologist and a respirator was ready in the room in case I should stop breathing. I was very muscular at that point weighing more than 100 kg due to serious strength training, which made it very difficult for the doctors to pull my shoulder back in place. Eventually they had to give up, and do in via surgery where I was put under, so they could surgically cut my shoulder free of muscle and skin in order to get directly access to my shoulder bone and putting it back in place with some kind of hook and in the same operation they put around 10 metal screws and 3 metal plates into different places around my shoulder due the the severity of the injury and to make it stay and place and heal properly. Again having an anesthesiologist present and having a respirator ready shows the dangers and seriousness with which medical professional treat the combination of opioids and benzo's. In the beginning when they tried to put my shoulder back in place in the first attempts, only a doctor and a nurse was present, but due to the problems they experienced that had to give me so much fentanyl etc and benzodiazepine that only a anesthesiologist was allowed to give it. Even the amounts a doctor was allowed to give was not enough.

But I am talking and writing too much now, what I am trying to show is the dangers connected with the combination of opiats and benzo's and how serious and careful health professionals are when they need to combine the two.

Back to your post, please clarify the questions I asked.

I have mixed these two and the effect were not profound due to tolerance. For the sake of harm reduction i would not advise to mix benzos and opiates but just increase your amount of either or. If anything, perhaps try a stronger opiate.

Ah sorry, I didn't mean I take 400mg Codeine AND 10mg Etizolam together. Those are taken seperately, days apart. I would NEVER take that much together.

I was just wondering that say if I took 300mg Codeine and 2mg Etizolam would I be adding too much of a greater risk for such a small amount of pleasure.

Also the 10mg Etizolam is spread out throughout a whole day, never more than 3mg at once.

Cheers.

Also, coincidentally all of my issues/ prescriptions are due to the exact same shoulder problems you have described. Shoulder dislocations are a truly awful experience.

If 10mg of Etizolam is where your tolerance is, 1-2mg is not going to do much - you should survive a 300mg codeine + 1-2mg etizolam dose. BUT, in the name of HR, why not just start really low - 250mg codeine 1mg etiz? You can take more, but never take less.

I just remember when I mixed Xanax and Codeine at doses I was tolerant to however in combination I had a few occasions just before bed where I was genuinely scared that if I turned off the light and fell asleep I wouldn't wake up.

It's a horrible feeling and not the way you want to go out of this world. :/

If 10mg of Etizolam is where your tolerance is, 1-2mg is not going to do much - you should survive a 300mg codeine + 1-2mg etizolam dose. BUT, in the name of HR, why not just start really low - 250mg codeine 1mg etiz? You can take more, but never take less.

I just remember when I mixed Xanax and Codeine at doses I was tolerant to however in combination I had a few occasions just before bed where I was genuinely scared that if I turned off the light and fell asleep I wouldn't wake up.

It's a horrible feeling and not the way you want to go out of this world. :/

That is so very true, I will just stick to my 300mg Codeine and 1mg Etizolam in future. It is never worth the risk.

Thank you all :)

That is so very true, I will just stick to my 300mg Codeine and 1mg Etizolam in future. It is never worth the risk.

Thank you all :)

Just out of curiosity what does it feel like? I start to nod when I'm high and struggle to keep my eyes open then start panicking thinking I'm suffering from CNS depression. Is this true?