• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine dosing question

brandonhawth

Greenlighter
So swim has been off the opiates for years now besides the odd hydromorph swim used to be able tolerate around 80mg Oxycodone. Recently i've been inclined to buy some tylenol no.1 and do a CWE I used to do this with percocets but what I was wondering is how many mg of codeine do I need to match the dose of 40mg Oxycodone. As that is all swim could probably tolerate atm.%)%)%)

The only way to approximate the effects of 40mgs of Oxycodone with codeine is by combining 240mg with a gram of Glutethimide which has been discontinued since 1988. I wouldn't trust any sources from clandestine manufacture either. If you read the conversion guide it would take something like 600mg of codeine by itself which is going to cause horrible side effects and possibly death. Another problem is the ceiling effect that causes larger amounts to not be metabolized to morphine due to metabolic pathways becoming saturated and the rest causing only side effects. Promethazine might help a bit but diphenhydramine can negate effects. Best just to accept it for what it is and stick with safe dosages.
Codeine is a chihuahua. Oxycodone is a pitbull.

PS. SWIM is useless when using "I" in the next sentence and BL discourages the use of SWIM & FOAF ,etc.