• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

codeine dosage help

mikeorr4444

Greenlighter
This is my first rodeo with codeine. I skipped it and got right into hydrocodone and oxy, but codeine is all I have right now. I'm not looking for anyone to tell me how much to take, more so make sure my math was right on the conversion. I normally take about 40mg of hydro to catch a nice buzz. I have tylenol 3 and guiaf ac syrup. So if I were doing a combo, 4 tylenol 3's and 60 mg of the syrup should get me right in the neighborhood of the 40 mg of norco, right? 30mg of codeine per tylenol 3 and 10 mg of codeine in every 5ml of syrup. 30mg of codeine equates to around 5mg of norco? Am I about right here?

(I also popped a Benadryl beforehand because I also read codeine can be a bit nastier in that regard than the others)

Also, was I right to take the Benadryl before hand or should I have taken it after?

Also, am I not posting in the right place? My last 2 posts have been moved. Is other drugs/opioids not the right place?

^That mistake is pretty easy to make. Truthfully, not even I fully understand what makes something eligible for OD and not BDD and vice versa. I just roll with it and you can to. Don't stress about it. We're more concerned with people posting things totally unrelated to HR in either forum. You should take Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) a little before you dose the Opioids. Some people appreciate the added sedation that it provides, as well as its role in reducing the proprotionately large histamine release that Codeine causes.

The issue I see however, is that the syrup you have on hand is not a pure Codeine product. It also contains Guafinesin (Mucinex, others), which although not toxic, can cause a host of pretty serious side effects that can be very unpleasant. Nausea, vomiting and general malaise are to be expected from an overdose and overdoses from this substance are actually fairly common due to Guafinesin's frequent presence in combination OTC cough and cold remedies, which people abuse due to their Dextromethorphan content.

Being that you're going for a pretty large dose of Codeine, I'm suspecting that you might also be ingesting a very large dose of Guafinesin at the same time. Before you drink it, please tell us how much Guafinesin is in the syrup and the ratio of it to the Codeine. This could be important.

Thanks for the reply. A bit too late for me to take your advice on waiting, lol. I dosed all that this morning. Honesty not sure on the amount of Guafinesin. As far as how I felt, felt a really nice body buzz for about an hour, followed by about and hour or two of feeling like garbage and now I'm feeling nice and chill, in a great mood.

A friend gave me a few syrups (this stuff and hydromet) and I was stoked because I wouldn't have acetaminophen pounding my liver.... But I'm finding out that they kind of suck because of all the other garbage in them.

Yea, it's unfortunately the case with a lot of the syrups. There's also no currently known, efficient and simple way of separating constituents from syrups and elixirs.